Dogfish Head 120 Min. Imperial IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoutFan

Reaction score
If I had to try this over again, I would buy 2 more bottles. This stuff is out of this world. A must have for every hophead!:rockin:
120ipa-1.jpg

dfh120glass-1.jpg

Sorry, my camera is not the best, but they convey the point nicely.:mug:

OH MY GOD. Oh my sweet, sweet tit-licking son of Mary and Joseph. Back the fun bus the F*** up! That C*** is an IPA! I don't know what to say. I WANT TO SET IT ON FIRE AND INJECT THE ASHES INTO MY EYEBALLS

This is an amazing brew, although too expensive for my budget. I just bottled the 90 minute clone and it already taste darn good.

Disgusting! Might be one of the worst beers I ever drank. I bought a bottle for $11, after forcing a few sips in hopes that it would improve I ended up having a few friends try it as well, all agreed, gross! I would encourage people to definitely try a little before buying a 6 pack or case.

Almost like drinking whiskey. I like beer, this is not beer.

The DFH 90 minute is by far one of my favorite beers, period! I have nothing good to say about the 120.

Cheers.

It's a HUGE IPA, what did you expect. More akin to a barley wine, but to say it's awful is blasphemy. I guess we all have our tastes and mine like to explore, not remain rooted in general classifications.

We do all have our tastes, and I like to explore too...in my opinion, dfh 120 is horrible beer. I like the 60, love the 90 and love the burton baton.

Cheers!

FreeM80s said:
OH MY GOD. Oh my sweet, sweet tit-licking son of Mary and Joseph. Back the fun bus the F*** up! That C*** is an IPA! I don't know what to say. I WANT TO SET IT ON FIRE AND INJECT THE ASHES INTO MY EYEBALLS

I am a big fan of the 90min too. Pretty much my favorite ipa. I was told by my buddy that 120 is just like barley wine also. I enjoy an occasional BWine but I don't think I want to drop 11 bucks on one right now. What do you think?

I think this is an interesting one. The beer is certainly a slow sipper. I just took one out of my cellar that has been aged for about 3 years. The sweetness is still there, but the hops have substantially chilled out. Now it is honestly like a strong ice wine with a noticable bitterness. Not for everyone, but I like it when I am in the right mood.

Now I have to try one just so I can write about it. My weak collection of beers has begun and I need a 120 ipa in there.

I've been dying to try this I've heard nothing but great things. Anyone have any idea when the next batch is being released? Or better yet does anyone know of where I can purchase some online?

From what I've been told by the distributor in New York it's not coming out this time. It has been coming out 3 times a year and I guess 3 or 4 more months and you may see it.

It's being released again in July. Dogfish Head has a release schedule on their website. I would really like a few but don't get it here in TN. Anyone willing to ship it? Or have other ideas of how to go about getting it without traveling long distances?

jacobmarley said:
It's being released again in July. Dogfish Head has a release schedule on their website. I would really like a few but don't get it here in TN. Anyone willing to ship it? Or have other ideas of how to go about getting it without traveling long distances?

I'm up for a trade if you have something interesting. Contact me if you are still looking when the next batch is bottled.

Back