how to brew beer speech in 3minutes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
i hav to do a oral speech of information for one of my classes, think i can do a how to do brew beer speech in 3minutes? or should i go with another topic? extract or allgrain?

What kind of class is it? You could do one on water chemistry and it's effect on the beer.(Math/Science) One on the history of a certain type or class of beer.(History) One on home brewing laws and regulations.(Law) One on the business protocols of your favorite microbrew.(Economics) One on the origins of the terms in brewing.(English) There is a whole range of stuff you could do. And it's all about brewing.:D

I agree that it would be good to narrow it down. I could never introduce and conclude a topic about brewing in 3 minutes. Good luck.

its just a speech of information for a oral communcations class. getting graded on the actual speech and how its delivered, not the topic or data

I did one of these in a Speech class in school. Just touched on the basics. It gave the audience a peek into what brewing beer is all about. It went well. Just don't bother with all the serious details.

grains are germinated, which develops enzymes, and then dried for storage. later the dried grains are crushed and steeped in warm water so those enzymes can convert the starches in the seeds to sugars. the sugars are then separated from the grain husks and boiled with hops (or other stuff) for flavor. after boiling, yeast is added and allowed to ferment, consuming the sugars and creating alcohol. the resulting beer is then carbonated either by controlled closed-system fermentation or by dissolving co2 into it at high pressure.

sounds like you'll need some filler to bring it up to three minutes :)

Can you speak passionately about your love of beer and brewing??? Have you ever told your buddies how you make beer?????

If so, you can do this...

WHen I was learning to write sermons and then preach them one of the tricks would be to babble into a tape recorder for a set length of time...then go back and transcribe what I said, and turn it into a sermon...

DO the same thing...take a recorder and pretend to tell a friend how you make beer...set a timer for three miniutes...spit out as much info as you can til the time ends...then listen to it and write it up...then keep f-ing with it until you get what you want and feel you can simply and clearly tell the story of grain to glass in that length of time...

There's so many ways you could talk about it...but don't worry about how..just babble the way YOU make beer for three minutes and start from there.

yeah i dont really care if its under 3minutes, i hate public speaking and get real nervous while doing it. i can use powerpoint if i want

yeah i dont really care if its under 3minutes, i hate public speaking and get real nervous while doing it. i can use powerpoint if i want

Here's a handy trick. You know how people tell you to picture everyone in their underwear? That never worked for me. Tried it once, ended up eyeball f***ing the women and got distracted. Instead, just show up in your underwear. They'll be so distracted, they won't even be listening. :p

On a serious note, I usually just make a bullet style overview and make it up on the fly. Makes me think about what I'm going to say, instead of thinking about other stuff that is just going to make me nervous or distract me.

Back