2nd Brew Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishpride42

Reaction score
I know there a million threads on kit beers but here is another one. My first brew was a Cooper's light lager, which turned out good but not great (it is definitely drinkable) For my second I think I want to order one online. I looked at Austin Homebrew kits and brewers best. Which do you think I should do for my second? Also, which one could I get that I wouldn't need to add any extra extract like I did with the Cooper's?

You don't need to add extract extract with either Brewer's Best or AHS kits. I have used both, and they are fine. I'd lean a bit towards AHS, though- first of all, they have super fresh kits. They crush the grain when you order, so it's not sitting around. The Brewer's Best are hit or miss, depending on how long they've been around. Also, AHS is having a sale this weekend! Saturday and Sunday- so you can save some money!

All of the AHS and Brewer's Best kits have good directions, and come with everything you need. The AHS kits have a bigger selection- you can make just about any "clone" you want- they seem to have them all.

Back