schiessenwasser Lives!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE

The sample I took last week was a bit premature.

After another week, it really did dry out a LOT.

I am thinking next time to do more sugar than the yeast can handle by a little bit.

Still good, but needs tweaking.

You could just keep adding sugar as it ferments until the yeast poop out.

Just out of curiosity, what gravity did you start at?

I should be getting mine going tomorrow. I'm going to try and dilute things to about 1.150 so I'm more likely to ferment dry. My thought is that if it ferments out leaving it too sweet when I Eis it the final product will end up being way too sweet. Won't know until it try though.

Just out of curiosity, what gravity did you start at?

I should be getting mine going tomorrow. I'm going to try and dilute things to about 1.150 so I'm more likely to ferment dry. My thought is that if it ferments out leaving it too sweet when I Eis it the final product will end up being way too sweet. Won't know until it try though.

That makes sense. I am just thinking that the un-eised version should be sweeter. Not sure of the OG.

cheezydemon3 said:
That makes sense. I am just thinking that the un-eised version should be sweeter. Not sure of the OG.

I'de agree with that. I guess my two biggest concerns are getting it to ferment all the way down and keeping my starting volume as low as I can since my freezer is full of elk meat and I'm short on space in there.

It's on now!

image-1337947817.jpg

Fermentation is complete and the two gallon jugs are clearing nicely into a nice looking clear amber color. Couple more days and I should be ready to Eis he batch.

Cheezy, did you Eis any of yours yet? How did it go?

No, the first product was enchanting. I carbed it and am enjoying an occasional glass.

Will do another batch.

Well, the concoction I put together turned out to be an epic success! I don't get quite the caramel taste I wanted but it is a bit tart from the apples, some residual sweetness after Eising (before it was very dry as intended) and very smooth alcohol flavors. I'll be taking about a 1/2 gallon to the New Years party tonight for everyone's enjoyment. I'll definitely be doing this again!

Awesome!

I am thinking of upping the applejuice to 2 gallons and leave this as a carbonated sipper.

Separately, Gonna try to invert the sugar for another batch to eis.

cheezydemon3 said:
Awesome!

I am thinking of upping the applejuice to 2 gallons and leave this as a carbonated sipper.

Separately, Gonna try to invert the sugar for another batch to eis.

That sounds like a hellofanidea!

An update from New Years, I had to laugh my ass off when one of the guys not understanding what it was poured himself a full pint glass of the stuff! I made him drink it all of course. All the rest of the guys enjoyed it in small quantities and all of the girls absolutely hated it.

That sounds like a hellofanidea!

An update from New Years, I had to laugh my ass off when one of the guys not understanding what it was poured himself a full pint glass of the stuff! I made him drink it all of course. All the rest of the guys enjoyed it in small quantities and all of the girls absolutely hated it.

Lol.

The girls would have liked it mixed with coke I bet.

Back