Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Labels/Name
Dwarf2.png

ScoundrelDark2.png

Thread for them is here.. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/new-label-new-name-364633/

Well was gonna post this...
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=13377&osCsid=943f827e1f30e69064638690ccf124a5

But last second noticed your 10/28 brew day! Lando was my very first 5 gal. AG! Drinking one now! Cheers brother.:mug:

What software do y'all use to create your logos?

I think Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are the way to go. But, they have a bit of a learning curve and aren't cheap. There is a free software called Inkscape that is sort of a illustrator-lite that you might look into if you don't already have illustrator and aren't ready to throw down the money to buy it.

What software do y'all use to create your logos?

I think Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are the way to go. But, they have a bit of a learning curve and aren't cheap. There is a free software called Inkscape that is sort of a illustrator-lite that you might look into if you don't already have illustrator and aren't ready to throw down the money to buy it.

Inkscape is the open source program similiar to Adobe Illustrator and is for vector graphics (scalable images like logos and what not)

Gimp is the open source program similar to Photoshop.

I use Gimp for my templates/labels. I was never able to master inkscape

First one is for the bottles (only did 6). Second is laminated and hung from tap on the keezer where my first keg of beer now sits finishing it's "set and forget".
Last is just a quick mock up of a brewery logo. Beerlabelizer.com is nice for the basic stuff.

blackwheatlabel.jpg

buckwheat.jpg

brewerylabel.png

here is my first one, not sure if i am going to use it or not

I did an oval label for my first labelled beer. I put labels on half the bottles.... never again -- cutting them out sucks.

Here's my latest. It's *far* too early for a label, but I like to paste them on the fermenter too.

(I will be fixing the name, apparently Renard is French, Reynaert is Flemish. Thanks for the info mrperq).

Oud Renard Rood.jpg

You can fit an awful lot of info on a 3/4 inch diameter bottle cap sticker. There is still room on the sticker for a pteradactyl or biplane image. The heavy print is 8 point, the very small print is 4 or 5 point. Done in Word 2003.

This is Avery #5472, 24 stickers to a sheet, which is perfect for a case of bottles. 1,008 stickers in the pack, $7 at Staples in 2012. Order online and free delivery to store.

The family got involved. Dear Daughter suggested the name. She appreciates dinos if not beer. My younger son saw label making paper at the LBS and asked if he could design a label. So we got the pack of paper and we'll see what he creates.

flyin amber ale cap.jpg

Finished up my label for my Chunkin' Punkin' Ale...can't wait to finish my keezer and bottle the other half!

chunkin-punkin.jpg

You can fit an awful lot of info on a 3/4 inch diameter bottle cap sticker. There is still room on the sticker for a pteradactyl or biplane image. The heavy print is 8 point, the very small print is 4 or 5 point. Done in Word 2003.

This is Avery #5472, 24 stickers to a sheet, which is perfect for a case of bottles

The family got involved. Dear Daughter suggested the name. She appreciates dinos if not beer. My younger son saw label making paper at the LBS and asked if he could design a label. So we got the pack of paper and we'll see what he creates.

That is an awesome idea since I don't label every bottle, just the ones I give to people and take places!

This brew is currently conditioning, can't wait for it to be done.

Love the label!

Finished up my label for my Chunkin' Punkin' Ale...can't wait to finish my keezer and bottle the other half!

Really love the style, I'm all for nice and clean looking labels.

Pier25 great label probably one of the best of seen on here. How do you get it to look so professional mine always look homemade I use GIMP?

Or just Centennial Falcon? Too bad it wasn't made with Millennium and Falconer's Flight

AHS already makes a "Millennium Falconer IPA" recipe. Don't want to cramp their style. Yet.

I might still make the easy drinking balanced pale ale version for a keggable house brew with the mill/falc hops. I just got a bunch of centennial hops though:ban:

Back