National Homebrewers Day May 7 2012 - What are you doing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2brewishuman

Reaction score
National Homebrewers Day is coming! Are you doing anything special?

I have 2 beers sitting in cornies ready to go, a strawberry kiwi ale and a chocolate espresso stout. I also have 4 different meads I am putting out for my friends, along with snacks paired well with the beverages.

What are all of you doing?

Well... Hopefully I'll be married, enlisted in the Army, and either shipped to basic or waiting to ship. And probably drinking beer and playing Xbox regardless of what day it is if I'm not at work lol

Skagdog said:
Thought it was the 5th. I'm goin to a friend's 50th birthday. Believe we're consuming and brewing there...

Nope, it's the 7th (although a Saturday homebrew day might work better for some people.). National Homebrewers Day for Meaders is August 4th.

Thread #3 on this subject...

Odd.. I did a search and didn't find one. Did you use a different title than "National Homebrewers Day"? Lots of National Homebrewers Conferences... but no "personal" homebrewing day activities.

finishing up my Financial Statements project so I can graduate.

Then why does the AHA say

Typo?

No,not a typo, we have this discussion every year. The date before Congress is the 7th, but the celebration of it, as it always says on the website falls on the first Saturday.

The AHA national event is the 5th.

History

In 1988, May 7th was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.

The EVENTS are held on the Saturday, since traditionally folks are off on Saturdays, ergo, more folks can participate.

Well,it looks like I'll have to get some new stove burners & brew supplies a few days sooner than expected. Def wanna brew some more APA.

Doing nuthin. I work 2-10 every Sat. And I wish the Sat crap would just go away and keep it the 7th. At least then I could participate with everyone on MY days off (tue and wed) every few years. When it does roll around next year and the year after, I will brew a batch and open my bar up for the after work peeps who wanna stop by.

Back