jagger and Yak blood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aabrewedxxxx

Reaction score
I hear this so much, and there are so many conflicting stories. What is jagger made out of? Why is it black? Why is it thick?

Yeah... what is Mick Jagger made out of? :D

Seriously, Jägermeister is made from 56 herbs, roots, and spices, none of which is blood. Once the 56 ingredients are measured and ground, they are reduced to macerates (extracts) by being steeped in a mixture of cold water and alcohol for two to three days. After the resulting extract has been filtered, it is stored in oak barrels for a period of not less than one year. At the end of this storage time, the extract is filtered once more, mixed with liquid sugar, caramel, alcohol, and water, and filtered yet again. The resultant brew is then ready for bottling. (From snopes.com)

It's called "Master Hunter" because it's ingredients come from the woods, hence all the herbs and spices (hunters stay in the woods).

It's purpose is to prepare your stomach for a meal and it helps you digest your food.

Americans do not know how to drink it properly. They "ABUSE" it and drink it like it's schnapps, which it is not.

I laugh every time I see people doing shots. Can you spell I-D-I-O-T ? ! ;) :D :D :mug:

homebrewer_99 said:
My nephew mixes Jager with Redbull and drinks that. I have said I-D-I-O-T!!!

What about Jagger Bombs? :cross:

Yeah it is true, you do see a lot of people abusing it, I for one am not a huge fan so you wont see me making jello shots with Jagger.

Hopfan said:
My nephew mixes Jager with Redbull and drinks that. I have said I-D-I-O-T!!!

I like a jager bomb now and then. They taste pretty good, have a nice kick and get you going if you're a little tired. As far as shots go, that's one I don't mind doing.

Latest posts

Back