Memorial day...who's brewin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Doing BM's Cream of Three Crops....it's an easy one that won't require much attention while smokin ribs, grillin shrimp, and havin a few hombrews.:tank:

Thank You to all who served so I can sit on my ass and brew today:mug:

Bottled my Maori IPA Saturday,Brewed a PM Berlin Wheat yesterday. Finish cleanin up today & bbq'd steak-n-home brew later.

I'll be brewing an extract abbey singel today...hopefully it turns out well. Cheers to all those who have served or are serving our awesome country! :mug:

Forgot to buy yeast this weekend so no brewing for me unfortunately.

And I hate to be "that guy" but Memorial Day is meant as an observation of all those who died in war. Veterans Day is to honor those who have and who are serving in the military. It's an important distinction in my opinion.

brewing 10 of pale. my first time with MO & used my new mill for the first time. still not sure if I want to go all Simcoe or add some Citra too...

to anyone who has served, peace or war time, came home or never made it back: thank you all for everything you have done. I think it's more appreciated than most really understand. for all the fallen, you shall always be in our hearts and minds. thank you.

Trying to muster up the energy to brew a ten gallon english pale. Also need to keg my ten fidy clone (half with oak and bourbon) to age for another 4 months

English Brown Ale, loosely based on Orfy's Mild but stepped up a little. And I've got the ingredients for another batch of Applefwein I need to start...

forstmeister said:
And I hate to be "that guy" but Memorial Day is meant as an observation of all those who died in war. Veterans Day is to honor those who have and who are serving in the military. It's an important distinction in my opinion.

Yep, today is a day to be thankful that I'm *not* honoring my brother today... I can save that for Veterans Day. If he didn't live in Texas, I'd be tipping a beer with him today :)

Want to do a cream ale AG (my first!) tonight but my new burner takes time to reach temp so it may not be feasible tonight. Screw it! I'm gonna do it, damn the torpedoes!!

Just now chilling a N. English Brown Ale. Jamil's recipe called for a couple oz of pale choco, which the LHBS didn't have, so I added extra Victory and tried some kettle catmelizatiin and a longer boil to darken up the color. We'll see. Yes, and a remembrance to those who sacrificed for all of us. God be with their families and friends.

I'm brewing a Brewers Best Milk Stout! This is one of my favorites!
Thanks to all of our vets! You are all hero's!

Just put an American Amber Lager to bed.

2-row, Munich, and C-40 to an OG of ~1.059. Magnum for bittering, and Centennial for flavor and aroma, for a total of ~40 IBU's.

A slurry of 34/70 will do the heavy lifting in the primary.

Bklmt2000

Wasnt able to get my ass off the couch today, recovering from last night. Looks like itll be a good night brew session tomorrow night

Just brewed MIdWest's Cologne Kolsch. Sitting happily in the fermentor now. If it tastes as good as my OG sample I'll be a happy camper! Cheers!

Project-X

New equipment setup, new grain bill, random leftover hops, new yeast prep. method, 10 lbs of grain on the 10th brew! What better than project-X?

Brewing up my stony man pale ale today. Great day to be outside!

1401119612909.jpg

Brewed a Dubbel extract kit this morning, kegged a saison & a IIPA, smoked a pork shoulder that was tremendous, had some friends over for dinner & just got in from band practice. Busy day but a good one!

The saison I pitched on late yesterday afternoon was bubbling merrily away when I got up at 6:40am. always good to see first thing in the morning. Airlock giving off a bit of sweet wheat smell. I suppose that's from the Bavarian wheat DME in the recipe?...

Saturday: brewed a wheat pale ale (to be bottled for a beach trip), boiled an attempt at a sour-wort red. (I had initially planned on doing the latter on Monday, but a good lacto starter plus holding it at 100F in the fermentation fridge made it sour quickly.)
Monday: brewed a saison using Belma and Yeast Bay's Saison Blend, both of which are new to me.

Back