Finally broke down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And bought two more 7 1/2 gallon fermenting buckets.

This should let me continue to do weekly 10-gallon batches, but let my beer primary for two weeks.

So instead of racking my 1 week old APA out of my buckets tonight...they can continue to slumber while I break in the newbies.

Why the hell did I wait so long to spend $35.00 for this solution?

Delivered_1.jpg

i know what you mean. i just bought two 5 gallon aging carboys last weekend and I am realizing that do not have nearly enough fermenters (1 7.5 gallon bucket, 1 6.5 gallon bucket and 1 6.5 carboy)

how am i going to justify to the SWMBO the new buckets (i could see getting 2 6.5 carboys so i can actually watch the ferment for once)

i am already very small scale compared to most on the list, but if i had more fermenterI could for sure get that batch of apfelwine going like i want to and fast!

this has nothing much to do with your post, but after a pint of my latest Porter, i said what the heck!

The only amazing thing I see here is those FedEx shipping times.

I've never had FedEx take LESS than 8 days (maybe 7, not sure what time I've placed the orders) which is why I like UPS so much more. :p

Yay for GAS!

Both my homemade 14 gal fermenters had beer in them last Sunday when I brewed so I had to put it in two 6 gallon carboys, seemed like more of a PITA with trying to devide my starter up etc.
I think I am going to get a couple more of the red and white ones. The first one I made I put a BB racking arm on but the second one I am planning on putting a corny post on it. I will be racking both of them this weekend so I will see how it goes & decide how I want the next ones setup.

I need to get some more buckets, they are so much easier to clean then the carboys. I have about (6) 5 gallon carboys so secondary space is never a problem.

I was cleaning up after my last little brew day party. We had people coming over every night last week to bottle their first ever batch of home brew. I start counting.. 6 each 6.5 corboys and 5 each 5 gal carboys plus 2 each 7.5 gal buckets. sadly all but two carboys are empty. BUT first AG batch gets brewed tomorrow. Hope everyone hears my cries for assistance.

EDIT: not to mention my brew partner just picked up a 14.5 gal blickmann stainless conicle for chistmas https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=46700

now all we need to do is fill em up!

Latest posts

Back