Today...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfstar

Reaction score
was one of those days....dealt with a poisoned dog earlier this week, he died yesterday, got the toxicollogy reprt today. Fostering a dog with major tissue trauma and a bite history, we are hoping for the best. One of my own dogs has cancer, now another may have cancer as well....then I finally get home to see the e-list...the e-list is the list of dogs that will be euthanised by 7AM tomorrow morning at the county "shelters"...usually more than 100 dogs...I don't bother counting anymore

Focus on the successes is all we can do!

781471[1].jpg

Cheers! Keep your head held high (low enough for a sloppy kiss) knowing you do what you can.:mug:

Where do most folks gets their dogs from?

Paying a breeder or a pet shop who uses a breeder can be very pricey. 100s to over $1000. The pound is like $70, give or take, and they have every type of dog there is.

Then there's rescue groups, some of which are breed specific and still cost less.

Add to that all the friends and family who wind up with dogs to give away.

I just can't see paying big bucks to buy a dog.

But some of those rescue groups, hey, glad they exist, but damn. We looked at using one and they acted like we were trying to adopt a person. They wanted all kinds of personal info, background checks, credit scores and to make random, unannounced home visits before and after the adoption. Ridiculous.

I'm behind you. My beagle came from a rescue shelter, just like my two cats. I will never gave another animal from any other source.

I have nothing but respect for you and hope you get through this okay.

Both our mutts are rescues. As is the stupid cat.

Best thing I ever did aside from marrying my wife. ;)

You do a truly amazing thing. We foster from time to time, so we see the commitment people like you have. Keep your head up.

Thank you all for the encouragment!!! Most days we sail along and keep our blinders on, saving, helping, rehabilitating...But every once in a while we crash. Yesterday was one of those days. I can deal with animal suffering for human negligence, it sucks, but people can be educated...sometimes.

But when someone goes and intentionally harms a dog (or any other animal)... poisoning, torture, that fightclub bullshi*t, etc...One starts to lose hope for the human race.

Its refreshing that there are compassionate folks in ordinary walks of life, thank you for the kind words!

Back