Too hungover to brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmcl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I start a new job on Monday, after being laid off for six months. We went to a party last night and I way over did things. I was planning a nice brew day for myself before going back to the chain gang, but wow, I don't know if I can stomach the smell of boiling wort and hops. Anyone else been in this predicament?

Ive been to hungover and too drunk to brew. But never thought I couldnt stomach the smell. Thats the best part.

Even if you were able to stomach the smells, I was thinking that you would be more likely to screw up the brew. If you're that hung over, you're more likely to make mistakes - measure something wrong, put the wrong hops in, forget to set the timer, etc....

It has been scientifically proven that going to a Chinese food buffet will cure any hangover no matter how bad. Just cram yourself with as much chicken as possible and finish off with a few fried doughnuts and in about a half hour you will be back to normal.

+1 - I have to go out of town tomorrow, and have a batch of 2-Hearted that needs to be racked to secondary. I used Bell's yeast cultured from bottles and don't want to waste the cake. But am too hungover.
Alas, we went to the local brewery for Valentines day and I over indulged. Too hungover to brew and I just had to go help a buddy retrieve a cup that his kid flushed down the toilet causing it to back up.
Now I'm back on the couch recovering and still too hungover to brew.
Why do I do this?

I was way too hungover to do my brew this weekend... I way over did things this weekend. Every time I go to this one bar I end up getting Jameson 18 and just sloshed...

Back