Did I ruin my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beercanman

Reaction score
I just got done brewing and followed everything to a T, and then as I was putting on the fermentation lock on my fermenter bucket the little rubber circle fell through. Luckly I had another lid and quickly sanitized and put it on. Putting the lock on first then attaching the lid. The only thing I forgot to do the first time. Will this little rubber thing screw up my batch of beer cause I'm really freakin out here? I couldn't find it in the mess of all the oak chips. It was cleaned and sanitized with dishsoap and B-Brite though. I'm really hoping that someone else has done that and their beer came out great. I'd also like to thank all of those who posted replies to my previous posts.

Seeing as the grommet is exposed to the brew underneath during a normal fermentation, I would not sweat it too much. The only thing I might be worried about would be off flavors from the rubber, like water from a garden hose, but it is a microscopic amount of material relative to the amount of brew, so I don't think that is an issue, and since it was sanitized, I would not worry. Just remember to get it out of the trub when you rack, or next time you won't have a spare:D

RDWHAHB!

Back