picked up a super cheap mr beer kit, help me make it better

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynb15

Reaction score
Local store had mr beer refill kits on sale. 2 refills for $12. Each refill is 2 gallons. Im going to use both of them to make 4 gallons. The recipe is canadian draft. So i was thinking of adding 2lbs of dme, and also adding the booster that come with it, Give it more body and up the abv. Will i need to add some hops to balance out the extra dme? Or is there a better route to take?

What is wrong with the hopped LME that is in the can, that makes youu think it needs to be changed? Sometime when we start messing with stuff, it does just that, it messes stuff up. IMHO those kits are made tht way for a reason, mind you by some pretty big companies that have a ton of money investing in making good beer in those little cans. Now with that said if someone knows how to tweak it go for it.

i will still be using the hopped lme. I have just read the booster that comes with it is not the best. i was just thinking adding some dme would help it out.

well 2lbs of dme will up the abv, but not really the taste.

Back