Anyone Using the Coca-Cola Breakmate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
I have been following the thread on using a keg of carbonated water with different soda flavors and wanted to let those that aren't aware of it know about the Breakmate. I have had one for about 5 years and we love it. It was orginally manufactured for small offices or similar places.

I have a few pictures of mine on this album on Facebook (you don't have to be a member of Facebook to see them):

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1616161800356.2086804.1125666917&l=90646098cf&type=1

They haven't made the Breakmate for years but you can find them around on eBay and also some internet sellers. If you are patient I would expect that you could pick one up for $100. If you look at the pictures you can tell that they are small but these things are really a cool little compact unit. Coke is no longer making the syrup boxes but you can buy refillable containers that work great. You can put 3 syrups in the machine which would mean that you can have 3 flavors at the touch of a button. There are several configuration and mine has a button for soda water so like those that are buying syrups and mixing with a keg of carbonated water you can do the same but not mess with kegging and carbing water. Just add syrup to your cup push the button for soda water and you have unlimited flavors.

Mike

Blackcows - I am redoing my mancave and was going to put in a soda gun system. After comparing the costs of the systems, the Breakmate is looking attractive. I actually am not a fan of Coke. But it looks like what you said above, that you can buy the containers and transfer over the BIB syrups. I looked on ebay and found containers and the kit to transfer. I imagine it is pretty simple?

How about the CO2, so you use the small cans or do you have a conversion kit? Any other tips for someone thinking of buying one?

Thanks!

Blackcows - I am redoing my mancave and was going to put in a soda gun system. After comparing the costs of the systems, the Breakmate is looking attractive. I actually am not a fan of Coke. But it looks like what you said above, that you can buy the containers and transfer over the BIB syrups. I looked on ebay and found containers and the kit to transfer. I imagine it is pretty simple?

How about the CO2, so you use the small cans or do you have a conversion kit? Any other tips for someone thinking of buying one?

Thanks!

Very easy and no need to use Coke products, any syrup that is 5 to 1 will work. I don't know when they started making the Breakmate machines or when they stopped making the machines but I would guess they haven't made them for 10 year or more. Until recently Coca-Cola sold the syrups for the machines that came in boxes like this:

http://www.discountcoffee.com/coca-cola-breakmate-syrup.htm

The boxes were cardboard and you threw them away when you were done. Some people purchased plexiglass boxes for $85 each so that they could use Bag in a Box syrup. Last year Coca-Cola quit making the Breakmate syrups but fortunatly a company is making Goodtime Syrups for the Breakmate, the cool thing about these syrups is that they come in a plastic container that you can reuse. The containers that you see people selling for $12 and $15 on eBay are the same Goodtime containers that I buy full of syrup for $7.75.

The kit to tranfer is overpriced....it's just a BIB connector with a hose stuck on the end. Currently I am not using BIB because I can get the Goodtime syrup local and I want to stock up on the containers but when I do I will just make my own "transfer kit"....a BIB connector, beverage line, and a picinc tap.

I use the small cansister but I have a local guy that deals in Breakmates so a fill is easy for me. If it wasn't so easy to get the little ones filled I would just splice my Co2 system for my kegerator into the Breakmate.

The one suggestion I would have is to look for the 6 button panel which allows you 3 flavor selections, 1 button for soda water, selection of small or large size, and a super chiller for heavy use (never used this).

I had actually thought about going to a soda gun system so that I could have more flavor selection but will probably just get a second Breakmate becuase it is so easy to use and very reliable. I had seen pictures and knew it was a compact little unit and knew the dimension but once you see one for real it's amazing how small the unit really is and it's got a wow factor because very few people have ever seen one.

Any other questions please ask.

Mike

I know that Coca-Cola has done away with making soda syrups for the Breakmate machines, but you can still find the syrups under the Goodtime brand name and Discount Coffee Office Coffee Service - Buy Starbucks, Folgers, Millstone, Maxwell House, Gourmet Coffee, Sugar, Creamer, Hot Chocolate, Office Supplies has a lot of flavors still.

I just checked their site and they are having a clearance sale of $4 on some of their flavors. Check out Coca-Cola BreakMate Soda Syrup, Goodtime Cola Soda Pop..

This site has helped me keep my Breakmate machine stocked! So happy!:ban:

ALSO!! I found this site that sells & fixes the Breakmate machines Mr. Breakmate.com - Breakmate Types

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some of the breakmate machines. Bought astorage unit, have about 40 - 50 of them, with parts, O2 tanks etc. Trying to get rid of them. Sorry if it's a wrong thread to post. Also have some syrups and such, but can't tell if they are still good. Send me an email if interested - [email protected]

Thanks.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

I am interested in these, too. How about shipping to the Detroit area (48154) zip code.

I emailed him. He seemed to want $100 or so per, but wasn't clear on the state of them (e.g. working, broken, etc)... and shipping was going to be $85 to me. So $200 for something that may or may not work, I decided not to get one.

My Breakmate machine is buzzing but the buttons on the front panel do not work and the lights do not light up. Was working fine. I did find a fuse in the front panel. Could it be that the fuse has gone bad?

Back