"The Landlord" Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munklunk

Reaction score
I've never actually had this multi-award winning beer, but I see that Northern Brewer has brought back their clone called "The Innkeeper". Seeing how the grain bill is nothing more than Golden Promise and a dash of Extra Dark Crystal, I put together an all grain recipe over on Brewmasters Warehouse.

It's only a half batch (since I'm stove top brewing and bottling multiple half batches this winter), but doubling it wouldn't affect the price much.

As I said in the recipe notes, you need to add .5lbs of corn sugar @ 60 minutes (for the half batch, that is. A full batch would need a full pound @ 60 minutes). I didn't include in the brew builder since they only have 4 pound bags for $7 and change, and I can normally pick up pound bags at my local brew shop for about a buck.

Enjoy!

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/fd373579/

If you are ordering online you can pick up some 5oz bags of priming sugar, if you don't want a 4lb bag.

Also check your recipe on BMW. You have Kent Goldings listed twice and no Styrian Goldings.

Hops have been fixed. Thanks for the heads up. I also left the priming sugar off since it royally threw the recipe statistics off, and I wanted to keep things simple. If people wanted, they could add on an extra 8oz of priming sugar.

Back