One of those nights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
I had put my schwartz beer in a keg for its last few weeks of lagering to free up a carboy. I hooked the gas line on and beer came squirting out of the liquid side down at the base of the nut. Not a big deal I racked it over to another keg but I couldn't get the lid to seal, or any other lid I tried. So I racked it to a third keg and all is well. My quick easy swap turned out to be a long night of chasing beer around.

I think I may have broken the liquid side post by using an adjustable wrench on it. So to insure that doesn't happen again I'd like to grind down a socket to fit over the pin locks. Does anyone now what size socket I would need?

Thanks

It was at the base. I just don't want to pull it apart with an adjustable wrench. I need to grind down a socket first. I hope it is just an O-ring and not something cracked.

To late, I just racked it to another keg. I did have the o-rings but I was a bit annoyed and it must have impacted my ability to think clearly. Maybe I just don't think clearly.

Having a keg of beer spraying all over your house can get you a little out of whack in a hurry. I have a cornelius and a firestone keg, both have different sized. The cornelius I could use an adjustable wrench. The firestone keg I had to get a socket. Home depot doesn't have it. Lowes did, it was a kobalt brand socket, over near the dremel tools. I THINK it was 11/16ths, but I did the untechnical thing and took my keg in and tried them until I found it. Hope this helps :) Definately go in and replace all of the o-rings and the poppets. Hell just replace the entire post assembly really. Come to think of it I ones I put new poppets in and o-rings still leak :( Need new posts I guess.

It was the o-ring on the liquid side or what was left of it. Got a new one on there and I filled it with Mutilated 1's Coldwater 420 Pale Ale. Looking forward to trying it once it is carbed up.

Back