silicon tubing source (and size)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/2" ID tubing will fit 1/2" barbed QDs... I am sure there are also 3/8" barbed QDs out there too. But, looks like you are already in the know, and realize that 1/2" plumbing is the way to go.

Where to get it... McMaster, some brewing stores... it isnt cheap, but it is nice to have.

ah, the link above sells it in 10' increments $1.10/foot. Cheap!

The thin walled will work fine for siphoning etc, but I'd get the thicker walled stuff if you are going to use it on the suction side of a pump system, I've found that my thin walled silicone tubing is prone to collapsing.

I updated my order to the thicker walled.
you can technically put in any foot length, but the notes on the tubing page says 10' increments, so they might not take the order.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it's telling me $2.23/foot and in any 1 foot increment I want.

He was looking at the first link 1/2"ID 5/8"OD which was mentioned to be too thin. The one you are looking at is 1/2"ID and 3/4"OD which is what you need for silicone tubing and hot wort to keep it from collapsing when it gets hot.

Back