Favorite Fruit Wine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErinRae

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite fruit wine! I'm looking for some inspiration!

Rasberry. Closly followed with my mixed freezer fruit blend. Rubarb is my favorite goes with everthing wine. Pear is my least favorite. However all fruit wines beat most grape wines!!

I do love a good blackberry wine. I made a cherry/apple/black currant wine a few years ago that was better than anything I've had from the local wineries here. I made a plum melomel once that put every commercially produced plum wine I've ever tasted to shame.
Regards, GF.

I've got a strawberry/cranberry going right now that seems pretty promising.

Cranberry and raisin champagne is probably my favourite! Will have some ready on Saturday!

I love my peach, blood orange passion fruit and cherry chipotle. The wild raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, pomegranate and strawberry/apple are good also.

I also far prefer fruit wines to grape.

Banana is my favorite, just teases you with different essences

my favorite session fruit wine is a mixed berry, you go out during berry season and gather everything you can in one bucket
bring it home, rinse them all off and smash the crap out of it.

Usually it is mainly raspberries, probably over 50%. and a lot of other stuff

pour ir into your fermentor and add enough water to fill it up, I will mix 1 pound of sugar to each gallon of water I ix in and try never to go over 2 1/2 gallons water per 5 gallon batch.

adjust your ph, add a camden tablet and let set till it is time to pitch.

I put the must bag in for the first week then strain it out

I also use finings twice in it so I can adjust the sweetness in the end.

I like to have over 10 gallons of this for summer, I use it for my work in the gardens drink. Nothing like a pitcher of this on ice when it is hot and you are tending your crops.

not a big alcohol drink, more of a refresher. I make it every fall and think it is my favorite because it is such an nice thing to refresh yourself with.

Do you have a recipe it crabapple? Does that come out quite sweet? I imagine it would be very good!

Do you have a recipe it crabapple? Does that come out quite sweet? I imagine it would be very good!

I just followed the "winemakers recipe handbook" recipe with a minor alteration. Due to bad hail damage last year I only managed to salvage 25 lbs of crabapples so I supplemented with an additional 10 lbs of a sour green apple (unknown backyard variety). I set the sg at around 1.085 and it fermented dry. It could be back sweetened but we prefer dry most of the time and at 6 months (bottling) it tastes like a nice Pinot Gri with a hint of sour apple. It was a fast wine and unlike the other fruit wines we've made (chokecherry, sour cherry, peach, rhubarb, pumpkin) it was delicious without much age on it.

Back