Boulevard Brewing Company Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhhicks

Reaction score
WOW! :ban: I picked up a 12-pack of Boulevard's Wheat beer (pretty forgettable) and I'm going to reuse the bottles for homebrew. Their labels/glue come off with warm water. LOVE IT!

BTW, I can't recommend the wheat, but their 2 IPAs, the Single Wide and Double Wide are really good.

Put down a sixer the other evening and haven't tried removing the labels yet but, yeah, I agree the Wheat is, well...just beer.

Does the wheat come in the same thick bottles as the Smokestack series 4 packs? If so, I'll hafta find some. Love the bottles 'Tank 7' comes in and the labels come off if you talk sternly to them.

Does the wheat come in the same thick bottles as the Smokestack series 4 packs? If so, I'll hafta find some. Love the bottles 'Tank 7' comes in and the labels come off if you talk sternly to them.

No, the 4 packs of the speciality beers are a slender long neck 11.2 oz heavier bottles. They're more of a euro style bottle. The standard Boulevard bottle is the short fat neck little pry offs like Sierra Nevada uses. They are the my favorite bottles to reuse. As the first poster said, the labels just come right off. That's awesome.

Unfiltered wheat is also available in a 16 oz aluminium can with a pry off lid that could be recaped and reused. They are sold at gas stations mostly. Check the date before you buy. I have seen mostly expired or soon to expire bottles at the stores.

Aren't they twist tops?

I had a single wide last night and it was a twist top
Check the date on that thing, I'm pretty sure they moved to pry offs across their whole line up about a year ago.

I highly recommend picking up Boulevard's Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.
Can't agree with this enough.

No, the 4 packs of the speciality beers are a slender long neck 11.2 oz heavier bottles. They're more of a euro style bottle. The standard Boulevard bottle is the short fat neck little pry offs like Sierra Nevada uses. They are the my favorite bottles to reuse. As the first poster said, the labels just come right off. That's awesome.

That's odd, I've had some trouble capping the standard short fat Boulevard bottles. The cap never quite snaps on like with other bottles, and I've had a few actually break the bottle. Maybe it's my capper, the standard black wing capper.

Also, the 4-pack smokestack bottles are 12oz bottles. Also, also, I've never had a smokestack series beer that I didn't like. Definitely worth checking out.

That's odd, I've had some trouble capping the standard short fat Boulevard bottles. The cap never quite snaps on like with other bottles, and I've had a few actually break the bottle. Maybe it's my capper, the standard black wing capper.

Also, the 4-pack smokestack bottles are 12oz bottles. Also, also, I've never had a smokestack series beer that I didn't like. Definitely worth checking out.

I had problems with these bottles, too. Plus, they don't fit well in standard sixer carries.

Contrary to above postings, I LOVE their wheat. And SW IPA. And DW IPA. And everything but Zon.

Since I just acquired some of those bottles and seeing your reports of hard capping, I just tried one.

I have the plane-jane red capper and it seemed to go fine/as expected.

I highly recommend picking up Boulevard's Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.

let's not forget Long Strange Tripel (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/39754) - i can't decided if i like it more than Tank 7, but i definitely like it at least as much. both are awesome.

boulevard's regular offerings are hit and miss, but everything in their smokestack series is superb.

let's not forget Long Strange Tripel (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/39754) - i can't decided if i like it more than Tank 7, but i definitely like it at least as much. both are awesome.

boulevard's regular offerings are hit and miss, but everything in their smokestack series is superb.

I believe I've seen this one, but have not bothered picking up a bottle. Definitely going to have to give it a try :mug:

Contrary to above postings, I LOVE their wheat. And SW IPA. And DW IPA. And everything but Zon.

I concur about loving the wheat. This is my go-to beer. It's about the only non-homebrew I buy on a regular basis anymore.

I can't say that I have any trouble capping these with my red baron. They're pretty much the only brown bottle I use anymore.

And as for how easy the labels come off, after an overnight soak in oxyclean, most bottles don't even have a label anymore when I pull them out. Easiest bottles I've ever cleaned!

Just a quick follow up, I had no problems capping any of the bottles I used from the original post.

Back