• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa Variety of mashtuns for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
8 weeks ago I hurt my back and could not brew so I decided to take some coolers and make a variety of mashtuns to sell with the proceeds going to 3 different food pantries. Many of the mashtuns have all new parts and I have made sure that all of the brass is lead free. I priced each mashtun $5 more than what it cost for me to assemble the components. For the extra $5 you are getting my time and gas to build these and test to make sure there are no leaks. Every mashtun comes with several voile sleeves that slip over the ss hose braid to prevent stuck mashes and produce clear runnings from the very first pull. On some of the mastuns I have added insulation to the lid so that there is less than a 1-2 degree drop during a 60 minute mash. Just to be clear many of these coolers are not brand new but are clean. I want to see how much local interest there is before shipping any of these. Again special thanks to 30Bones on HBT for donating a cooler.

70 qt Coleman extreme cooler mashtuns. New ball valves and stainless steel hose braid and voile sleeve covers. $65

40 qt mashtun. The cooler is brand new. New ball valves and stainless steel hose braid. This one has 3 voile liner bags for the mashtun so you can easily remove the grain and wash the mashtun. $80

265.jpg

If you decide to start shipping these, I would be interested. Please let me know. Unfortunately, I'm not local :(

I'm looking for at least a 10 gallon and I'm in West Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Could you post pics of the interiors? I'm interested in the dark blue one in post two, or the Max Cold in post 3 if they are still available. I have family all over Iowa, so local pickup is possible.

Could you post pics of the interiors? I'm interested in the dark blue one in post two, or the Max Cold in post 3 if they are still available. I have family all over Iowa, so local pickup is possible.

First picture is the dark blue max cold 50 cooler interior.

Second is one of the red 48 quart cooler.

Third is the interior of the 34 qt cooler.

The voile sleeves slide over the stainless steel hose braid and really help filter the grain. I have sold 10 of these and no one has had a stuck mash by using the voile sleeve. I now average 75-80% efficiency with style system.

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Here are interior pictures of the 10 gallon drink cooler as well as the large voile sack that can be used as an additional grain filter. I went this route with the voile sack because it is very easy to remove the sack holding the grain and then wash the cooler w/o having to take anything apart. I like this system for when I brew in the winter to avoid having too much cleanup. I usually like to clean my mashtun with a garden hose which is not possible in winter weather.

004.jpg

005.jpg

Might be interested... But just have no idea what the shipping would be on something like this. I like the round 5 gallon ones if they are still available... Or not. Just depends.

Shipping to 39206?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Wow, those look so nice! If we were in the market for a mash tun I'd sure get one from you - we're pretty well equipped at the moment.

I'll keep you in mind if I hear of anyone who needs one though.

I'm very interested in buying a mashtun and can do local pickup. I've tried to reach you through Craigslist without a reply. Is the blue 20 quart still available?

T

I'm very interested in buying a mashtun and can do local pickup. I've tried to reach you through Craigslist without a reply. Is the blue 20 quart still available?

T

I have a variety of sizes including 20, 32, 34, 40 and 48 quarts still for sale. Send me a private message on HBT and we can make arrangements.

Back