• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: eBay Temp Controller (STC-1000 110V)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinishere

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase an "ebay temp controller" / STC-1000 as one of the first steps in building a keezer over the next couple of weeks. Needs to be 110V.

They're plentiful on eBay w/ shipping from Hong Kong. Wanted to see if anyone has an extra on hand they'd like to sell for $32 shipped within the US. Located in SoCal.

Thanks!

Mine came from China in less than a week too.

Ah, that's encouraging. Would either or both of you mind recommending the eBay seller you ordered from (there seem to be multiple)?

If no one's looking to get rid of one by the end of the day, I'll order one from eBay and close down the thread.

Thanks!

I just ordered a second one from "skiesmall360" for ~$22 shipped. It took 14 days to get to me. Make sure you specify 110V when you purchase, no matter who you end up purchasing from.

You may just want to get two. I did and i'm glad i don't have the 14 day wait to deal with again since customs adding a couple extra days to that time. Mine came from mixtea as well, total time 17 days.

Just bought one from mixtea, was going to pull the trigger soon anyway but it was nice to know its a solid seller.

When doing a temp controller, what all do you need?

You need the temp controller itself,

325922166_tp.jpg

then you need at least 1 wall replacement wall outlet

31bdAetCDFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some sort of a box to house it all in I used a standard carlon wall box for mine. This is a 2 gang, to mount the controller and the outlet.

4132054.jpg

A two gang wall plate as a cover

3111vr3xgvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A power tool replacement cord, which will provide the plug to power and a few feet of extra wire to wire everything up.

157a3fc2-168c-4938-9146-cd54b6baea17_400.jpg

Some assorted wire nuts and a screw clamp connector.

311826.jpg

I also added a split ring rubber grommet (like we use for airlock seals on buckets) to seal the box where the temp probe comes off.

And one of the many wiring diagrams for it on this forum.

Mines a little more "hard core" it's meant to run two heat belts, two fans and still have two accessory outlets to plug stuff into....

ebay_temp_controller.jpg

Back