agave nectar SG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anderj

Reaction score
When I searched this forum I couldn't seem to get what I needed. I put 10 oz in a nut brown last night and would like to have the SG of the stuff worked out.
here is a bit of data

I put 1.75 oz Agave Nectar
into 4 cups of warm H2O
cooled to about 65
and read 1.015 on the hydro.
I know I have the data but every equation I could find didn't seem to be the answer that I was looking for. Is there a standard for SG, a predetermined ratio between solvent and solute?

P.S. Agave nectar had absolutely nothing to do with tequila, (other than they both come from the same KIND of plant) it is basically an all natural honey substitute that gained popularity through vegans, less viscous and sweeter than honey. It is also easier to certify organic than a colony of bees.

Well, you have oz/c, so you just need to step it up to what gravity one pound will get you in one gallon of water. Running the numbers real quickly, based on the data you gave, I get a potential of 1.0343.

I hope someone checks me out on that. It is Friday afternoon, after all.

By the way, that agave nectar does add some nice agave flavor.

TL

TexLaw said:
By the way, that agave nectar does add some nice agave flavor.

TL
nice, I was hoping that it would but be really mellow

I put that 1.0343 SG in beersmith and the estimated OG hit my measure of 1.058 dead on-RAD!
This has me thinking, what other things have people calculated and added to beersmith, maybe I will start a tread

thanks alot
-ander

Back