Brooklyn Winter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerzeedevil13

Reaction score
Just had a few bottles of this stuff.
One of the best winter brews out there imo. A few years back I had some Pete's wicked winter brew ( which was my favorite winter brew at the time ) but haven't been able to find it the past few years so this is my new fav.

Wondering if anyone was working on formulating or has a recipe for Brooklyn Winter Ale.
Their website lists it as a Scottish Ale so I'm guessing scottish yeast.
Also, lists Marris otter, crystal, roasted malt, belgian aromatic, american oats and only willamette as the hops.

I'll probably try put something together in the near future with the above ingredients but just wanted to see if anyone has already done it.

Any luck? I might try to formulate something too, or work from someone's attempt.

I called up a local brewery today and spoke with someone there. I identified myself as a homebrewer and that I was looking for some help with a recipe for one of their beers. The guy gave me the 50 barrel recipe over the phone with the only stipulation of asking me to not post the recipe he gave me on the internet but If I was able to scale it down to a homebrewers level I could post that. So if/when I am successful I will post up my "clone". BTW he said he was an HBT lurker!

We chatted a bit and I am 100% happy with the less than 5 minutes it took to do. IMO call, be nice and see if they will help. You may just be pleasantly surprised. FYI I have tried emails and info request forms on brewery sites requesting info and never have heard anything back...YMMV.

GL! :mug:

Back