Heading to Chicago tomorrow morning...suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

originalben

Reaction score
Through Tuesday. Frequent flyer miles that had to be used by Aug 5.
Staying at Swissotel by Navy Pier.
Any of you guys have any places we should try to see?
Possibly hitting Goose Island, a beer and bacon tour thing, Landshark Beer Garden-hopefully not Landshark only:eek:

What say the masses?

Thanks!

Non-beer activity:
Get a Giordano's stuffed pizza. Nothing else comes close. Many locations around the city. They usually take 40 minutes to cook, call your order ahead to reduce the wait. see http://www.giordanos.com/
If you're a real pizza nut, the best thin crust is Vito & Nicks on south Pulaski, a good ways from where you're staying. Warning, no credit cards, no checks, no delivery. Been going there since the 60's, place has not changed a bit. http://www.vitoandnick.com/
For a nice high-level view, check out the Willis Tower/Sears Tower skydeck. Get there before dark, stay until after dark, watch the city transition from day to night (pick a clear evening, of course).
If you're into museums, the Museum of Science & Industry is amazing.

Try to catch a game at Wrigley. What a great little ball park! Unlike some parks nowadays, they still have the beer guys walking through the stands. While they are only selling Old Style and Bud, a cold beer of any kind on a warm day at the ball park is great stuff.

Possibly hitting Goose Island, a beer and bacon tour thing, Landshark Beer Garden-hopefully not Landshark only:eek:

What say the masses?

Thanks!

Haymarket Pub & Brewery is a short cab ride into the West Loop. Worth the stop.

I second both Vito and Nicks and The Berghoff (the Berghoff family are close friends and my grandfather, my father, and myself have all worked at the restaurant). You don't have to look to hard for good beer spots in the city.

Thanks, all.
Have recv'd many recommendations for the Berghoff, so that a definite. Map room - and some place called Tap Room, as well.
Should have good view of the fireworks if we choose to view from hotel.
Anyone ever view a game from the rooftop establishments?

Another that may be a bit far without a car, but if you can make it to Revolution in Logan Square youll be thoroughly impressed. Both the beer and food are great.

What say the masses?

Thanks!

I was just in chitcago (kidding, not really), but I was actually really really dissapointed in Goose Island, I wouldnt go back next time I was there. Map Room was cool and so was Hopleaf. Id recommend Hopleaf over the others.

Back