Which cooler to buy for MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently batch sparge with a SS braid which works well but I have a fly sparge attachment for the Rubbermaid MLT that I am going to try when I brew my next AG batch this weekend. Montanaandyh

I use an Igloo Ice Cube. Cost me $20 and works great.

I also batch sparge with an SS braid. I don't really know the pricing on braids...the store where I got mine was having going out of business sale when i got it, so I probably paid much less than the going price. Although I didn't get mine preassembled like they have at bargain fittings. I just got a braided hose and removed the insides.

hmm, ok would still like to get an answer to my origional question of which fitting to get for the rubbermaid cooler? it looks like that one might be a little bit thicker?

I am thinking I will get the false bottom as this will allow me to upgrade to fly sparge in the future without changing the way I filter the wort

Back