Dogfish Head 750mL Bottles, Where to Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irrenarzt

Professional Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Where I live we don't get DFH but I'm looking for these bigger bottles they use for my wild/sours as they are thick and can handle a bit more priming sugar than the standard 22 oz ones we all know. I'd love to be able to just drink a bunch of these Theobromas or Pangaeas or whatever the monthly offering is but I simply cannot get them without traveling. I always pick up a couple but I've only been able to save up 6 and I need about 18 more. I'd love to buy them but cannot find a source. Any hints?

I have placed a normal cap on a DFH 750 mL without issue. Perhaps there are more than one type of these bottles? But yes, this is why I ask. I don't want to bother with corking as I'm only set up to cap...

Okay, I checked the "champagne-style" bottles at the liquor store tonight while I was there. DFH Theobroma had the same size cap as a 22-oz. bottle of Rogue Dead Guy. The belgian beer (that I can't remember the name of) next to it with the same kind of "champagne-style" bottle had a visibly larger cap on it. So there are two kinds of bottles, even though they look the same shape, that take different caps.

Back