First Homebrew Attempt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ready to brew my first. Not sure where to start but do know I love Fat Tire. So figure this would be a good start;

Austin Homebrew Supply

It is a link to AHB's Fat Tire clone kit. It is available in an Extract kit or Mini Mash as well as AG. I figure AG can wait. But Mini Mash "Should" be doable. Would the extra effort and therefore chance of a mistake be wort the effort? Should I stick with the Extract to begin with? Build some experience first.

Should I expect the Extract to finish off reasonably close to Fat Tire taste?

Maybe not a good first brew?

First, the most important thing is sanitation. You must be clean. Ask if you don't know what I mean...

Second, if you can follow a complicated food recipe then you can start with a partial. If you have any doubts go with the extract.

Third, have a brew and relax - it is fun.:drunk:

I started with PMs and moved up to AG. PMs aren't hard, but the beer is excellent, you won't be disappointed. The AHS Fat Tire clone is excellent, I haven't brewed it but I've sampled it from another homebrewer.

Back