What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
, beers. This is my first time having Brown Shugga', this is by far the best beer I have had of theirs. This is a crippler, no strong alcohol taste whatsoever, kind of sweet. Unfortunately, very drinkable (maybe fortunately, I only got 1)

allenH said:
, beers. This is my first time having Brown Shugga', this is by far the best beer I have had of theirs. This is a crippler, no strong alcohol taste whatsoever, kind of sweet. Unfortunately, very drinkable (maybe fortunately, I only got 1)

Wow, mobile HBT failure. I said, little sumpin' and Hop Stoopid are great beers... Pick it up from there.

Right now, North Coast's "le Merle" Saison .......Which is awesome. Later on I shall be drinking some of my Stumptown coffee porter.

Three times one minus one?

Why do I have the feeling that I am the only other person here who would understand that joke?

Anyway, I am drinking Altenmünster Festbier. It came in a 2L swing-top, and that was the reason I bought it. As it turns out, it's quite tasty, which makes a $17 purchase worth it.

image-4042475001.jpg
Spaten Optimator. Wow, how have I missed this?

allenH said:
Spaten Optimator. Wow, how have I missed this?

Dunno! Amazing beer and usually under $3 a bottle. I thought it used to have a foil top though. They may have changed it.

bottlebomber said:
Dunno! Amazing beer and usually under $3 a bottle. I thought it used to have a foil top though. They may have changed it.

It is amazing, 12oz bottle @ ABC is $1.69. I am going back tomorrow and buying more Optimator and Brown Shugga' for sure.

I'm loving the fact my local liquor store has stared carrying Green Flash, I'm trying all of them.

image-533673702.jpg

West Coast, pretty good.

bottlebomber said:
Don't act like you can taste anything at this point. :drunk:
What's up next, bong hits?

I stopped hitting the bong about 15 years ago, Kush does sound good though! I think I'm going for the Terrapin Hopsecutioner again. I wish that beer was distributed coast to coast. It is amazing.
pm me your address and we will do a coast to coast swap
I will go Terrapin and Cigar City for anything you have that I can't get, I will go first, when you take delivery, you can mail out.

jonmohno said:
Here's some of whats on the menu for me this week.:) Oh,and Sam Smith has an Organic Chocolate Stout I have in the fridge.

image-1426666469.jpg

I just picked up one of those Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ales today. Might try it tomorrow.

I just picked up one of those Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ales today. Might try it tomorrow.

Ive been trying alot of any pumpkins I can find.I was surprised and excited to see this,but to me it seems it needs to age. Its a bit clovey harsh dry bitter but probably classic rogue bitter, but maybe some harsh spices.It actually from the start(color and aroma) reminded me of Sam adams harvest pumpkin(not Fat Jack).And so far I like Sam Adams more. I dindnt like how it finished. Although doing a GYO seemed great, I was a little disapointed.:(
Hope you like it.

Arrogant Bastard. Studying for tomorrow, I've been waiting a long time to make this one.

image-3400924441.jpg

dunejunkie said:
Right now, North Coast's "le Merle" Saison .......Which is awesome. Later on I shall be drinking some of my Stumptown coffee porter.

I LOVE Le Merle, even if it's not a traditional Saison it's just such a good beer.

5 taps of homebrew flowing for a party at the casa: two pouring Tripel, Punkin ale, apple cider and a cranberry cider..... Life is good.

Shock Top- End of the world midnight wheat. Ok maybe not so great. Possibly a muddlely mess. Think I may take a dump here.Only worth drinking a whole bottle due to the fact that its still BEER Yeah, 2/3(possibly 3/4) worth. Cant go on... - am now dumping.

And then a Newcastle Brilliant British Winter IPA. Brilliantly clear pale ale(IPA?-If you consider a Shock Top Wheat IPA an ipa),and surpisingly not too bad compared to their other new ones. English and the newcastle taste still dominate every or any other taste/aroma that would be in this beer. I dont know it.. taste like clovey apple burnt carmel butter.Really,guess that does imply fall/maybe winter?. Burning leaves buttery carmel apples sounds better than it is though.Taste more like drinking the smoke from a pile of burning leafs (not implying peat or smoked malt here) with a carmel apple pie in it maybe.Ha. As it warms it really starts tasting like burnt leafs with butter and clove. It gets progressivly worse as you drink it. Think Im actually pissed off now.

Surly Hell...

Nice low hop aroma and flavor that really let's the slightly grainy and quite bready malt character shine. A little bit on the bitter side. I'd say on the level of a German pils, only a bit more rounded. Really more like a Bohemian pils in that regard.

image-3781634924.jpg

Homebrew BGSA with pear. Just finished off a homebrew tripel. I'll probably have a saison and call it a night on drinking. Sadly I am doing school work on this exciting Saturday night.

My 1st brew; an IPA that turned out way too dark and had some green apple esters at first. Not perfect at all but has become very drinkable, pretty delicious actually, over the past 2 months. Happy with the clarity too!

image-1157933521.jpg

Homebrew honey red that I gave my MIL about 4 months ago. She still had some laying around so I decided to see how it's aged. Not terrible, but much better fresh.

Back