AC broke!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotary_full

Reaction score
I need help..... calling all beer nerds!!!:drunk:

Well it started this morning when i came home from a long night of work. ( I work the night shift) When i stepped in my house it was hot and muggy... the AC broke while i was at work. The worst part about it is tonight is bottling night. I checked on my APA and wrapped a cold towel around it, called the AC guy to fix my problem, and hit the sack. The AC guy couldn't get here until 4pm. When i woke in my house the temp was 87 and my beer was at 77!!!!!! ( normally at 68-70)

The REALLY bad part is it started fermenting again!!!!!:eek:

Well the air is fixed but beer is bubbling. What can i do to save my brew????? should i put it in the fridge??? will there be off flavors??? HELP!

rotary_full said:
I need help..... calling all beer nerds!!!:drunk:

Well it started this morning when i came home from a long night of work. ( I work the night shift) When i stepped in my house it was hot and muggy... the AC broke while i was at work. The worst part about it is tonight is bottling night. I checked on my APA and wrapped a cold towel around it, called the AC guy to fix my problem, and hit the sack. The AC guy couldn't get here until 4pm. When i woke in my house the temp was 87 and my beer was at 77!!!!!! ( normally at 68-70)

The REALLY bad part is it started fermenting again!!!!!:eek:

Well the air is fixed but beer is bubbling. What can i do to save my brew????? should i put it in the fridge??? will there be off flavors??? HELP!

If the yeast started back up, then that's a GOOD thing. It means that it wasn't finished to begin with, and the yeast got "woken" back up by the jump in temps. Do you have any gravity readings?

i checked the gravity and it is at 1.012.......... and it is DELICIOUS...mmmmmmm

0618071818.jpg

( edit : WOW... holy large picture batman)

AH! Jesus! Way too close, man. Back it up. Respect the bubble! :D

Yeah..see...told ya. If the yeast leave behind fermentable sugars, you won't be happy come bottling time.

HAHAHA
yeah sorry about that............ i took the pic myself

anyway.... should i just bring it back to fermenting temps and let it sit another week or so????

rotary_full said:
HAHAHA
yeah sorry about that............ i took the pic myself

anyway.... should i just bring it back to fermenting temps and let it sit another week or so????

word.

let it sit until SG remains constant over the course of a few days.

rotary_full said:
Evan! you are the man!! i appreciate your quick advice and calming my nerves.

Geoff

Any time. That's what we're here for. I got the same gracious assistance when I started out...just carrying on a grand tradition.

:mug:

Back