Dry Brettanomyces?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrookeiv

Crafted Magazine
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just brewed a Belgian Pale Ale and have it in primary. I'm brewing the beer for a contest we are doing with my local homebrew club, where we are all brewing the same exact recipe and see how we do compared to each other.

I want to take half of the batch and throw some Brettanomyces bruxellensis in, along with moderate dry hopping. My goal is an amped up Orval.

My question is, does anyone sell dry Brett? I have searched online but haven't found anything. It is incredibly hot this time of year in Florida, and I always worry about yeast being in transit.

If dry Brett doesn't exist, I'll order some from Brewmasters Warehouse, since they have it in stock and they are one of the closest mail order homebrew shops.

Thanks! :mug:

You could try pitching the dregs from a few bottles of Orval.

Yea, I also thought about trying that, although that would actually be more expensive, since bottles of Orval are around $5 near where I live.

It's funny, because I wasn't a huge fan of Orval. I want to brew an Orval on steroids. I liked Orval, but thought the flavors were too subdued.

Back