First Brew, Done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
OK, so my first brew went in the primary about an hour ago. Everything went well during the brew with no surprizes or panic attacks. I used a Brewers Best Classic English Pale Ale kit. Wish me luck!

Thanx guys.
Say, are these BB kits fairly popular, or is there another brand that y'all would recommend? I see everybody with these really cool sounding brew names that they have goin on. Are there kits for these as well?

You don't need kits...just a recipe. Check out Clone Brews, Beer Captured, or any of the countless other recipe books out. With some steeped grains, extract, hops, and yeast, you can make literally anything you want. All the kit maker's gonna do for you is pre-package everything and charge you double.

Evets, you can get any kind of kit ranging from sterile wort (Brewhouse, Baron's, Festa), the canned "kit" extracts (Coopers, Muntons, Morgans, Black Rock etc), kits which are recipes utilizing malt extract, kits which are all-grain, or you can do whatever you like in between. My best beers have been partial-mash -- some grain, some extract. I don't have time for all grain right now... a quick brew up with a can and slam er into primary.

It's all good... have fun.

Thanx for the replys. After 19 hours, she's chuggin away pretty good. I'll do some homework for the next batch. The partial mash thing sounds interesting. I don't think I'll do the sterile wort, tho. Seems like that would take alot of the fun out of it. I need a good suppy source, as my local HBS seems rather limited. Who do y'all like?

Hercules Rockefeller said:
I think most people just make up the names themselves, at least that's what I've tried to do.

That's what you think. I've had this nickname for 35 years.
icon6.gif

Back