10Gal Corny Keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicktoney

Reaction score
So i have an oldschool Firestone 10gal corny keg and was wondering if i could use that as a brew kettle? Ill only be brewing 5 gallon batches so at most i might have 8gal in it at once. Any ideas? Anyone do this?

Don't do it, sell the keg and buy a kettle... There are not many 10g kegs available and depending on condition you should be able to get $75-$125 for it...

i agree with don't do it. I would hold onto it and find a keg to modify. you might want that 10G keg in the future or like jblizz said, sell it if you think your done with it.

If it were a 15g keg I would offer to buy it! Don't cut it up though, stainless pots are cheap, those kegs are not.

Well, they do me no good because realistically thinking, i wont be using 10gallon kegs. 5gals work for me as i like different styles on tap in my kegerator! Thanks for the advice though! Looks like ill move along to the forsale section and fund my obsession!!

I recently bought one and use it for fermenting 5 gal batches. Best thing ever. Plenty of space to contain foam and my main reason, you can do closed transfers from the 10 gal keg/fermenter to a 5 gal corny via CO2. Your beer never sees oxygen.

Well, they do me no good because realistically thinking, i wont be using 10gallon kegs. 5gals work for me as i like different styles on tap in my kegerator! Thanks for the advice though! Looks like ill move along to the forsale section and fund my obsession!!

let me know a price, I might be interested pending it holds pressure and all that good stuff. I want 15g but might go for 10 :D

Back