pH Meter Recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hop

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm shopping around for a pH meter and preferably would like to spend less than $100 on it (including storage and calibration solutions).

I keep reading terrible things about every pH meter on the market so I can't seem to trust the interwebs, so I thought I'd come here for some real homebrewer feedback.

Thanks for the help!

I've been happy with my Hanna pHep5 meter. Only used it for a couple of batches so far, but it's worked great. Calibration is easy and it seems to be pretty stable.

Thanks for the link. I actually took a look at Kai's post and I might up going with the updated version of what he picked up at some point. For now, I picked up a $31 one on Amazon (Hanna 98103B) to see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll upgrade, but I wanted to get a refractometer as well because I decided I'm tired of hydrometers! I also found out that Hanna is headquartered in Rhode Island, which is where I live, so maybe I'll see if I can pay them a visit at some point.

Got this and was happy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SGKE8W/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Amazon gave it to me for free as it was advertised with the hard case but it was not included. They did not want to accept a return as it is "hazardous". YMMV. Overstock has it for $50 as well. The Atlas solutions from Amazon work well. Free shipping with Prime.

If I was to do it all again, I would get the PH56 instead of the PH55 but 0.1 is good enough for me.

HTH,
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back