Using the handles on a Blichmann Boilermaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was really bummed out to see the big warning on my boilermaker when I unpacked it. I have a 10 gallon kettle and was planning on moving it with about 5.5 gallons in it. Does any do this? Are the handles that weak?

I didn't know it was a requirement to have a stand or a pumping system to use a boilermaker.

Ben

I lift my 15 gallon boilermakers with 14 gallons in them just fine. That warning is to cover them incase you spill 10 gallons of 212* wort on yourself.

I lift my 20 gal with 16-18 gal of wort a few times per brew with no issue, its more of a liability precaution because they are heavy and can be dangerous if full of boiling wort. I just try to keep my moving while lifting to a minimum.

I have a 10 gallon Boilermaker and have been lifting it by the handles, full, for many months. Never had an issue, but every time I do it I always wondered if the sticker was there as a warning against spilling hot liquid on yourself or because the handles couldn't support the weight.

Latest posts

Back