Keg fridge died...questions arised.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjer

Reaction score
My keg fridge died 3 days ago and I just had put a keg in there under pressure to force carb it. I can't get a new one until tomorrow night. I've had blocks of ice in there to keep it cool, but it has only gotten down to about 50 f. I've adjusted the pressure to reflect the new temp. When I get my new fridge in place and cool the keg, am I going to need to reduce the pressure
in stages, or can I set down to 12 psi and let it sit there for a day or two or what? Right now I've got it at 20 psi.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Sorry about the fridge, that's gotta suck.

I don't see a reason to reduce the pressure in stages. Just set it at the correct pressure for the temperature and it should be ok. You'd set it at the proper temperature when first putting it in there, right? Well that's room temp beer, so 50 degree beer should be fine. RDWHAHB!

Got a chest freezer and picking up a Ranco after work....Got some beer to get to drinking!
:mug:

Back