Threads you are tired of seeing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillybilly

Reaction score
I know there is a search function and it seems to not get used very much so what threads are you tired of seeing popup I'll start The is it ruined because I ( insert object here) was in my wort unsantized am I screwed

I think it's great that people flock to this site for advice, and they quickly get answers to their questions. Seeing the same type of threads repeatedly seems more like an indicator of how poor the kit instructions are for beginners. Granted, some people wouldn't ever read the instructions anyway, but if you are packaging and/or selling kits (either equipment or recipe), you've got to know that there is a higher concentration of new brewers that are going to buy than there are new brewers buying misc equipment items and ingredients... A happy customer is a repeat customer, so why not go the extra step and provide a more thorough set of instructions to walk someone through their first brew (thus ensuring they are satisfied with the product and come back for more)? Just my .02

I LOVE the search function but when you ask a new question in an old post it does'st get answered very fast if at all. Happened to me a few times as I would rather search than start a new post but get much better results just starting a new one.

I know there is a search function and it seems to not get used very much so what threads are you tired of seeing popup I'll start The is it ruined because I ( insert object here) was in my wort unsantized am I screwed

I'm tired of semi-literate threads started by people who can't make even a reasonable attempt at using proper grammar and punctuation.

I'm new here but a very seasoned member on another forum (unrelated to beer). I admit the repeat questions are annoying and I am likely guilty of that here but the results from searching can turn a new brewer in circles. At the very least, if you don't want to answer because you're tired of it then don't. It will be okay and the poster will likely survive. I certainly mean no disrespect when I post a question that has been answered and I assume others aren't aiming to annoy either.

Sort of on topic, the stickies are wonderful but posts date back years and years. Photos are gone where photos would be useful thus bringing people like me to post a picture and ask a question about ruined beer. I haven't yet but I almost feel like it is hugely possible. :)

Smug garbage like this. Go find a grammar forum if your so hung up on minutia.

Seriously. I hate it when get on their high-horse about crap we learned in second grade. I mean, who expects us to remember that far back? Not like it's useful in today's society. Who cares if someone looks like a complete idiot when they're typing? If they want to appear like a dumb bumpkin from the back-woods, then let them!

329722475_6237e727b8.jpg

This may sound a bit gratuitous but I am sincere; I have not seen a thread yet where I thought to myself, "Oh no, not that "topic" again." Often, newer members, pick up the thread and share what they have learned from older/experienced members, passing the knowledge on, so to speak.

Another thought, starting a new thread may help the new member feel more like they are part of our community, something I think we would want to encourage.

Seriously. I hate it when get on their high-horse about crap we learned in second grade. I mean, who expects us to remember that far back? Not like it's useful in today's society.

AH HAHAHAHA! Priceless. Why should someone who is initiating a conversation worry about effectively communicating there message (see what I did their? And again they're?)? It's definitely the other person's responsibility to decode and interpret everything I have to say. I may only know one language, but at least I don't know it very well. :drunk:

AH HAHAHAHA! Priceless. Why should someone who is initiating a conversation worry about effectively communicating there message (see what I did their? And again they're?)? It's definitely the other person's responsibility to decode and interpret everything I have to say. I may only know one language, but at least I don't know it very well. :drunk:

It's one thing to ask for clarification if you don't understand what been written, a whole different story when you act like an ass because someones punctuation or grammar is wrong. Here a forum for all of the grammar police, enjoy.

http://www.fictionpost.com/f110/

It's one thing to ask for clarification if you don't understand what been written, a whole different story when you act like an ass because someones punctuation or grammar is wrong. Here a forum for all of the grammar police, enjoy.

Well said... But keep in mind, the thread was initiated on very critical grounds, thus leaving the door wide open for the OP to be criticized. Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house, right?

Smug garbage like this. Go find a grammar forum if your so hung up on minutia.

Two points:

1. Your first sentence is incomplete. It's missing a verb clause.

2. The word you're looking for is "you're", not "your". "Your" is possessive. "You're" is a contraction of "You" and "are". If you get confused, sound it out as you type.

Overall: C+

*what HAS been written

*IT'S a whole different story

*someone's

*Here IS a forum.

Eman24dx said:
I LOVE the search function but when you ask a new question in an old post it does'st get answered very fast if at all. Happened to me a few times as I would rather search than start a new post but get much better results just starting a new one.

Really? I find the search function to be less than useless. I think signatures screw it up a lot too.

If I need to search for something, I go to google and type:

Search term site:homebrewtalk.com

Works every time.

I'm tired of every thread, ever.

Seriously though, I don't see why it's a concern. I've been on other forums before this one, and noob/repetitive threads are unavoidable (although this group is far more accepting of it than others I've seen). If it doesn't look interesting, I don't click on it.

I'm tired of seeing threads that spiral out of control into pointless name calling over nonsense unrelated to the original post. :D

Gawd I hop I spelt that awl write.

Best thread I've read in a while.

But seriously, the people that get their panties in a bunch over repetitive threads really piss me off. The reason I frequent this forum is because of how active it is and I know that if I have a question or just want to bounce ideas off of people, I'm likely to get a response. The search function, while I've found tons of answers to questions that way, doesn't quite provide the same bang for the buck, so to say.

Just so you know, I started my own homebrewing forum. I'm the only member. I never once wake up in the morning to opening my browser to one of "those" threads anymore. Sure, the wealth of information may be a little bit biased and conversation dry at times, but it sure does beat having to scroll past repetitive threads on a somewhat daily basis.

Back