Clearing times and Brett...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootsyFlanootsy

Reaction score
I recently made a farmhouse of sorts with wl530 and added a pack of brett b at about 1.030-1.020. Fermentation was intense to say the least. Upon transfer into the primary the wort was a lovely golden brown, and translucent. Now, I expect things to get cloudy during primary, but once the brett was added things went from golden brown to mississippi river muddy brown and have stayed that was ever since. I'm coming up on a month since this was brewed mind you. Will this ever clear? I've made brett beers before but I've never seen anything like this. Side note: I used a full tablet of whirlfloc at 15min.

Depends what type of brett you used, there are many different varieties with different flocculation characteristics. Brett "infects" the beer, so it takes many many months to taste good, and with that amount of time, everything should clear out.

Back