My JOAM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattne421

Reaction score
i only had 3 pounds of clover honey and the recipe calls for 3 1/2. how will this affect the outcome of my mead.

thanks

Everything you care about will come to naught - your children will rue the day they were brought forth screaming into such an accursed lineage!

Just kidding! it'll just come out a bit drier, maybe more fruity (remember the yeast are eating the fruit juice bits as well) than had it had the extra half lb.

I often use 3 lbs since its so hard to get a half pound jar ;-). And by gum, I usually like my mead :).

Hehe, you can read all my JAOM and JAOMesk misadventures here in the forums... so far the only nasty one I put out was the lavendar death jug.

Well as far as JAOM goes, 2-3.5 pounds of honey is good. 2 pounds being dry and 3.5 sweet. And then adjust accordingly to your tastes. If it's a 1 gallon batch I reckon it should be good.

stopped bubbling and bottled. pretty good already. lets hope i can let at least one bottle age a good year.

WP_000008.jpg

Holy cannolis, that's gorgeous. How long did you let it sit in the jug to get that clear, and what yeast did you use?

I would also like to know. I started mine on the 6th(Dec) and am anxious to see how it looks when I get home from the holidays!

I just used fletchmans bread yeast and let it sit in the primary carboy with the oranges and raisins for about 6 weeks. then i racked it into a secondary and let it settle out for about another week. then just bottle it up. taste is still young but absolutely still delicious.

Unfortunately my love for alcohol and impatience got the best of me a couple months back. But seeing this thread makes me want to get another batch going. Maybe a bottle will make it until next christmas (2013)

Back