MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I jacked this from the syracuse thread... now you can all download the guide

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks to order.
2. People would have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location (Takoma Park).
3. Payment will be done through paypal, and will be required up front, once the order is secured.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$25 2Row + shipping (~$7)
~$38 Marris Otter + shipping (~$7)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "CMGCHAMP".

Use 2000#+ pricing

UPDATE:

Just to keep people up to speed:

Pricing
For pricing, this is an estimate. Plan for about $7 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

I will keep track and let you know roughly what you are in for $$wise.

Payment

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

Thanks!

Pickup in the Urbana, MD (just south of Frederick of 270) can be arranged as well a few days after delivery to Takoma Park. Just let claphamsa know in your order so he can keep track of what is going to Urbana.

1 bag of CMC 2-row. I've been happy with that for most of my beers, but I've been wanting to try another as well. I enjoy making simple pale ales and IPAs, for the most part. I was thinking of trying a bag of the superior pale ale malt too. Would that differ much from the 2-row?

Definitely interested in getting in on one of these in the future.

Out of curiosity, is there savings to be had by ordering other supplies from them in conjunction with the grain group buys (e.g. spices, candi sugar, cleaners, wood, etc)? Not sure how those prices compare to what's available from MDHB/online...

As far as grain prices go, I think it's your best bet. I'm sure the other products are lower as well, when buying in bulk. All about how much room you have for storage and how much you go through on a regular.

Definitely interested in getting in on one of these in the future.

Out of curiosity, is there savings to be had by ordering other supplies from them in conjunction with the grain group buys (e.g. spices, candi sugar, cleaners, wood, etc)? Not sure how those prices compare to what's available from MDHB/online...

they tend not to allow us to order the extras. Ive been told no on wood and spicces, but i have ordered chemicals and sugar before... so its hit or miss.

Any idea when the next round is going to be? I'm in Gettysburg so this is the closest group buy to me.

Add one more bag of Fawcett Maris Otter for moi.

So that will be, for me, 2 bags Fawcett MO, 1 bag Fawcett golden promise, 1 bag Fawcett Crystal Malt II.

Steve

I'm in for 1x Pilsner, 1x MO, and 32 oz of starsan...provided it is $12 as listed on the sheet...

I can add a second sack to my order if it gets us there quicker.

That'd be 1 sack of 2-row and 1 sack of MO/Pilsner/Pale (Undecided at the moment)

Put me down for another Maris Otter (making 2 sacks now) plus a bag of peat-smoked malt. That brings us to 30 bags, I believe.

I'll do two more sacks...working through which ones I want.

That's a total of 4 sacks for me.

1x cmc 2 row
1x cmc wheat
1x GW c60
1x BD‐MOPA
1x breiss carapils

let me know if we are over the limit and i can trim that down.

Back