Free Beer for feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnymax

Reaction score
Well, finally Texas is getting a few new craft breweries and I am starting one too. Just registered the Brewery with the county and hired a licensing service to get my license (I have done it for a meadery before and will never go through that again!) Anyway, I am about to start brewing test batches this week and I am going to ship the beers all over to people to get feedback.
I think the first beer I will test will be an "Imperial Blond" has anybody had or brewed one with an ABV approaching 10%, if so, how was it?
The largest I have brewed was 7.5% and is was awesome.
Any suggestions are welcome

thanks,:mug:

I'm down. Also when you send beer to this house you will get the feedback from me and my wife :)

Don't have much experience with brewing an imperial blonde.

I'm always down to help a brotha' out!

The Imperial Blonde sounds like quite an idea. I humble offer my taste buds and liver.

I'm no registered beer judge, but I am a pretty decent craft beer consumer. Sign me up if that's the kind of feedback you're looking for.

Im in, hope everything goes well, I hate the fact that Texas seems to be lacking in the craft brewery scene. Oh and im with the other guy if you send it here my wife will enjoy it also.

Heck I'll offer my services and that of a couple friends. Well all get together and taste em in shot glasses. We often have parties where someone each person brings a craft/homebrew/micro and everyone gets to try a new brew, we score em on cards and after it's gone talk about which ones we liked best. Once we did a blind tasting to see who was best at guessing who made the beer and what it was. Fun stuff!

If your still taking names, I will offer myself up and provide some feedback.

I don't want any free beer, thanks. I would however suggest that from what I see in the stores, Imperials are a tiny niche in a small market. Personally if I really like a beer for its flavor/aroma I prefer it not be an Imperial so I can drink a few without getting hammered.

Lagunitas makes a seasonal high-gravity cream ale, Sirius. It's pretty good.

Wow, the response was quick. We will be doing small 1/2 barrel test batches almost weekly. Trying new recipes, different styles and fine-tuning recipes based on feedback. We are going to pick the tasters from our facebook fans, but heck, if somebody wants to help with shipping, they would be a shoe-in. We are allowing only $1,000 for shipping the beer at this point.

Thanks guys,

Sure I'd be in for a shipping cost. I am from Seattle and frequent the great craft breweries from Sea and Portland. ~Diz

Okay, I guess I should go ahead and give you all the link, the detail are at http://tinyurl.com/freeTEXASbeer
The more feedback we have the better I think it will be good to get a broad feel for our market and the market we are shooting for are people who love real beer and appreciate Extreme beer like us.

JMax
Republic of TEXAS Brewery
P.S. My wife is gunning for me, once she registers her company with the county, she will let me say the name. This whole think is going to be some real TEXAS competitive fun.
:ban:

One of my favorite beers ever is sam adams imperial white. I am about to put together a recipe based on it and I plan on using pacman yeast to handle the high gravity

wow, didn't think I'd ever see you on here johnny max. I listen to the podcast and would be down to try out some of your beer, give you a west coast perspective. just added your page on facebook(sean thomte) and hopefully I get selected :ban:

good luck to both you and the queen :mug:

I would be in as well. I think an imperial blonde seems like an awesome idea and a nice challenge to hide the ~10% alcohol. :mug:

Imperial Blonde sounds like an odd concept to me. Could be good, but with the light malts and the light hops of a blonde it's gonna taste awfully alcoholic. I think I'd also call it a barleywine, but I may be mistaken there.

Imperial Blonde sounds like an odd concept to me. Could be good, but with the light malts and the light hops of a blonde it's gonna taste awfully alcoholic. I think I'd also call it a barleywine, but I may be mistaken there.

It will be a tough beer to balance, it will take a little more hops to balance the added malt sweetness. I am thinking about a "Dirty Blond" that is the way I like 'um:ban:

wow, didn't think I'd ever see you on here johnny max. I listen to the podcast and would be down to try out some of your beer, give you a west coast perspective. just added your page on facebook(sean thomte) and hopefully I get selected :ban:

good luck to both you and the queen :mug:

LOL, I've been a member almost a year longer than you.
But, I just read with a beer in my hand :mug:

It will be a tough beer to balance, it will take a little more hops to balance the added malt sweetness. I am thinking about a "Dirty Blond" that is the way I like 'um:ban:

One reason I love the sam adams imperial white is that it is 10.3% alcohol but you definitely can't tell. Blondes definitely go well with citrus zest and corriander so a good balance of those will leave you with an awesome beer that shouldn't taste alcoholic. A good brewer (not myself) should be able to pull it off.

Johnnymax.........I didn't put 2 and 2 together either. I loved your 21% all grain monster article. I'll take a sample or two off of your hands if you'd like.

Congrats on going big

Well, as soon as I found I could own a meadery and a brewery at the same time I was so happy, then when I found I could self-distribute if I brew under 75,000 barrels a year I went off the chart crazy excited, I am driving the Queen nuts and I can't sleep at night! She said she was hoping I could not start a brewery, because all I talk about is beer and brewing already, now it will be worse :confused:
IT IS WORSE! :ban:
The plan it to brew small and distribute to as many big Texas cities as I can. The supply will be so small it will be VERY HARD TO GET, once I build a name and people fight to get it, then crank up production with help from fellow craft breweres in Texas with excess brewing capacity. Just gotta stay a Debt-Free Brewery. I don't want to stress the Queen :)

Added post to your facebook page. Our brewclub would be willing to pay for shipping.

Back