The New Label for our latest Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenchiro

Reaction score
2684988125_5a995c404f.jpg

I got inspired by the Bunnay's latest tattoo and thought the retro Sailor Jerry style art would do well as a beer label.

Great image, but the font is fairly hard to read.

Keep the gradient on the lettering, but pick a cleaner font.

Nice!

Great image, but the font is fairly hard to read.

Keep the gradient on the lettering, but pick a cleaner font.

Nice!

In the full size version the font had a clear glow around it to help differentiate between it and the background. But yeah Flickr makes it hard to read.

pretty good, i like the style (sailor jerry?) a lot. call me an idiot but i think the image overlapping the text makes it hard to read. well not *hard* but harder

Looks very nice. Like others have said, kind of hard to read due to text style and text color where interacting with image.

I'm a big fan of vintage pin-up art, airplane nose art and such, thusly this is right up my ally!

Schlante,
Phillip

Yeah the full size version has a glow around the lettering that made it a bit easier with the overlap. But the reduction in Flickr all but obliterated that. I am going to make a few adjustments tonight to see what I can do about the readability.

Thanks for the feedback.

i also think the "E" in pale is interacting with the image too much, plus it gives a bit of an off-balance feel since the "A" in ale is outside of the skull. other than that it looks awesome... i like the girl's arm up by one of the "N"s. looks almost like she's hanging off of it (although it does make whatever is in that hand pretty unclear)

Back