World Beer Fest Raleigh, NC 4/26/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there with SWMBO and a buddy or two.

A GRABASS afterparty sounds like a good time. I'll try to moderate my consumption at the festival...I got completely hammered at the festival in Durham last October :drunk:

I have only been to the Durham WBF, never any in Raleigh. Anyone know if there is much difference between the two?

Evan! said:
Dude, myself and the wives are scheming on carpooling down. He says it's the joint...

We are definitley in--so we need to start planning. I'm guessing tix will go on sale any day now, and they go fast. REALLY fast.

I look forward to the after party more--I gotta be honest.

We're planning on going and hopefully won't fall asleep in the hotel room this time so we can make the after party. I would blame it on the wife but...

9/9 said:
I have only been to the Durham WBF, never any in Raleigh. Anyone know if there is much difference between the two?

1. You can't run the bases in Raleigh
2. Women don't flash their tits in Durham
3. Crime rate is 95% lower in Raleigh
4. You can't smell cured tobacco in Raleigh
5. Raleigh has Flying Saucer & Village Draft House 5 minutes away.

Other than that the drunk college chicks and the beers are the same

Nate said:
We're planning on going and hopefully won't fall asleep in the hotel room this time so we can make the after party. I would blame it on the wife but...

Yeah, don't forget to remove ALL your belongings from the taxi!

Boston said:
Yeah, don't forget to remove ALL your belongings from the taxi!

Yeah, that's still REALLY painful. We had a bunch of event merchandise plus our glasses in that bag (thanks to some guy named Boston for the glass replacement). If I didn't know better, I'd say someone may have been drinking... ;)

Post deleted because I am not really interested in an argument.

I think I will pass on the GRABASS gatherings.

9/9 said:
Post deleted because I am not really interested in an arguement.

Did I miss something?

Is this about the "Crime rate is 95% lower in Raleigh" comment?

I mean, you're joking here, right? :confused:

9/9 said:
Post deleted because I am not really interested in an argument.

Oops, sorry if I offended you, the crime rate jab was done in jest. Maybe you and your husband will reconsider?

Boston said:
Oops, sorry if I offended you, the crime rate jab was done in jest. Maybe you and your husband will reconsider?

Actually, I hadn't discussed it with him yet. He is usually more up for the political arguments than I am, though. So, when he gets around to this thread he might be up for more of a debate. I would rather just stay out of it, personally.

9/9 said:
Actually, I hadn't discussed it with him yet. He is usually more up for the political arguments than I am, though. So, when he gets around to this thread he might be up for more of a debate. I would rather just stay out of it, personally.

WTF?????????

Okay then......

Hey, has anyone gotten a hold of Focus and family yet? ;)

Dude said:
WTF?????????

Okay then......

Hey, has anyone gotten a hold of Focus and family yet? ;)

Sorry, sometimes things get confusing when more than one person (and in this case a married couple) use the same account for posting on a message board.

I am the wife. Most of the postings here have been done by my husband.

Sorry to have distracted from the point of this thread.

There's nothing to argue. The "crime rate" jab was done in playful jest. GRABASS is a good group of guys & gals...A little *rough around the edges* yes, but we are certainly *KIND*

Come join us in April and meet some new friends!

Boston said:
There's nothing to argue. The "crime rate" jab was done in playful jest. GRABASS is a good group of guys & gals...A little *rough around the edges* yes, but we are certainly *KIND*

Come join us in April and meet some new friends!

Except for this Randall guy. What a jerk.

Have you guys heard if the Walkers and beegees will be "festing" this year?

Dude said:
Have you guys heard if the Walkers and beegees will be "festing" this year?

I am planning to come. I doubt the wife will b/c of the brood of children we have, but you never know.

-walker

SWMBO and I are there! Which session should we buy? I know Boston said the earlier one but Professor Frink said the later one IIRC...

I might actually be down. Only 8 hours for me. Is there anyplace free to crash or is everyone hotelling it?

EDIT: Already asked the wifey. She gave me the go ahead. Hmmmm.....

How much are Tix?
I might be able to swing this on a redeye and just staying overnight on SAT.

FRI Redeye Arriving SAT 8:52 AM
-- 11:15 PM Phoenix, AZ 8:52 AM Raleigh/Durham, NC

Depart SUN
-- 5:19 PM 27 Apr 2008 Raleigh/Durham, NC 7:10 PM 27 Apr 2008 Phoenix, AZ

Problem is I really can't commit until after April 15th ish.
If the price on the tix is somewhat reaasonable I could eat it if I had to cancel.

Hmmmmm....

olllllo said:
How much are Tix?

Depart SUN

If the price on the tix is somewhat reaasonable I could eat it if I had to cancel.

Hmmmmm....

Do it, and I'll get your ticket.

( I think they run 30 bucks, IIRC)

EDIT: I'm out...work strikes again. ollllo, hopefully one of the raleigh guys can cover you.

PseudoChef said:
I might actually be down. Only 8 hours for me. Is there anyplace free to crash or is everyone hotelling it?

EDIT: Already asked the wifey. She gave me the go ahead. Hmmmm.....

We're hotelling it, for unrelated reasons...

We have a pretty good rewards program, so we usually get a free room in downtown Raleigh as well. The Hotel we stay at is about 4 blocks from the fest grounds, and highly convenient.

I think it is the Sheraton, but I'd have to ask SWMBO for sure.

Soulive said:
We're hotelling it, for unrelated reasons...

Cool. I see my comment may be taken as a mooch, but that's not the case. I was just seeing where the consensus was and since I'd likely be trying to hang out with the HBT guys, I want to be where the action is. That said, if someone's looking to split a room, I can be down for that.

PseudoChef said:
Cool. I see my comment may be taken as a mooch, but that's not the case. I was just seeing where the consensus was and since I'd likely be trying to hang out with the HBT guys, I want to be where the action is. That said, if someone's looking to split a room, I can be down for that.

I didn't take it that way. We're staying in hotels because we'll be looking at homes in the area. So staying 4-5 days at someone's house would probably be imposing :D

Soulive said:
I didn't take it that way. We're staying in hotels because we'll be looking at homes in the area. So staying 4-5 days at someone's house would probably be imposing :D

Yeah, I figured that from your other thread. I just wanted to clear it up with everyone else!

The GRABASS folks go to the 12-4 PM session. Fewer drunks, more beer, more time for afterparty.

I got confused, when I saw afternoon I thought that meant the later session. I didn't realize 12-4 was the afternoon session, but it obviously makes. Thanks...:drunk:

Just a reminder to everyone....Tickets sell out extremely fast, do not delay purchasing your tickets or you will be sorry!

PseudoChef said:

It's about a 30 minute drive from my place, but I reserved a room at the Clarion right down the street just in case. I'm up for splitting it if you're interested Chef, it's got 2 doubles.

olllllo said:
How much are Tix?

Depart SUN

Hmmmmm....

I had to sell my tix last year. I put them up on Craigslist and I had 10 calls within 15 minutes. If you can't go, it's pretty easy to sell them.

Back