What Do You Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan42

Reaction score
I was just curious, what the local Washington guys on here do for a living. Thought it might make for an interesting thread.

I'll start off.

Im a steel worker, official title is Shipfitter.

Although my dream job would be to go to a brew college and brew beer.

I'm in construction... I investigate and document construction defect, mostly in condominiums and new residential homes.

Good thread! I'm a Respiratory Care Practitioner or "Respiratory Therapist", if you need an RT in the ICU or ER then you're probably in pretty bad shape.

...same dream job :D

Arty in the marine reserves. Work freight at lowes to pay for school. Also dream of making beer for a living!

CNC Programmer/all around nice guy @ Seattle Lighthouse for the Blind.

Our blind employees run CNC Mills producing airplane parts for The Boeing Company and other aerospace companies.

I just moved to Seattle a month ago. I was gonna say that I am unemployed, but...

I just accepted a job cooking at Schooner Exact Brewing Co. this afternoon. So, I work in a brewery, but not making beer.

I just moved to Seattle a month ago. I was gonna say that I am unemployed, but...

I just accepted a job cooking at Schooner Exact Brewing Co. this afternoon. So, I work in a brewery, but not making beer.

Sweet! Good for you.

I may be seeing you soon....

I'm a Honda Auto Master Technician, I've been working on Hondas for 22 years. Dream of opening a Brew Pub sometime soon.

I work in Seattle doing something halfway between network security and technical support. It's super exciting, I know.

Foreman for the best cabinet company in the region by day woodworker and handyman by night and brewer whenever possible

My official job title is college student. On the side I am a part time photographer, and run a small metal and composite fabrication shop mostly working on high performance cars.

I'm in Wyoming and I drink good beer. I also work when it doesn't interfere with beer drinking.

Awesome thread. I'm new to the area (Monroe, but I work in Redmond). I work as a security analyst. I watch all the fun and interesting ways computers can break.

I am a software developer for a non-profit in Bremerton, WA.

Currently building a BCS-462 based brewing system.

I am in Vancouver WA, I work for a Commercial General Contractor as a carpenter. This year during my PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL, the superintendent I work with phrased several questions about job satisfaction and career goals with "besides brewing beer".

I just brewed my second 10 gallon batch on the single tier HERMS system. Started the build in April and completed enough to brew in November. :off:

I'm in school for mechanical engineering. I fight wildland fires in the summer.
Sumner WA

I'm an Auto Mechanic.

I prefer to keep brewing as a hobby seeing as working on cars professionally for the last 9 years has somewhat killed that hobby for me.

I work for a metal manufacturer constructing farm elevators and aluminum hangers for gutters.

Just started home brewing and loving it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

From Tacoma wa
security officer for now but try to get back in the kitchen back to cook some good food an make good beer
America

Licensed Athletic Trainer in Spokane Valley, WA, working at a physical therapy clinic in the a.m. and high school in the afternoon.

If grad school doesn't work out like I hope then I will seriously consider formal brewing education.

Back