Looking for recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardcoreNinja69

Reaction score
I am brand new to the forum. I have brewed about a half dozen batches of home brew. I have a pale ale in the works right now. I am looking for some help with a recipe or beer style for my other carboy. I don't really like a strong hops taste(I ate a hops pellet on a brewery tour about 6 years ago...ever since...flashbacks yuck!). I am looking for something with a little more body than your typical lager but very drinkable. I am interested in doing a fruit beer if anyone has a solid recipe for strawberry, apricot, or even a hot pepper beer. If you have any ideas spit um out!

you dont like hops??!!! are you sure you're on the right forum? jk. check out the recipe section at the top.

I have very similar tastes to yours. Not a big fan of super hoppy stuff. I would try out some commercial beers and see what styles you like. I love weizenbocks and dunkels. I also always seem to have a simple hefeweizen on tap. You may also want to try some belgians - blondes, tripels etc. I am not a huge stout and porter fan so I tend not to make them (although I am being talked into making a russion imperial stout for some freinds).

Let me know if want some reccomendations on specific commercial beers to sample.

Do you brew AG or extract.

Search the recipes f/ a good looking American Wheat beer and brew it.

Add 2 or 4 oz Apricot Flavoring in sencondary

The wheat goes well with apricot and its low IBUs

Back