My Thanksgiving home brew experiment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooom101

Reaction score
This being my first Thanksgiving as a home brewer I decided to conduct an experiment. I filled the drink cooler with half Miller light and the other half with my various home brews. After explaining to everyone what each of them was and how to pour them, I let them go at it. I also told everyone to save their empty bottles (even the twist off Miller's, for accounting purposes). This morning I went out and counted up all of the empties. I was delighted to see that TWICE as many home brews were consumed compared to the Miller's.

So, I've concluded that either I'm doing alright with my brewing, or people really don't like Miller.

I had some Oatmeal Stouts, some left over Octoberfests, some hefeweizens, and what I call crappy bock. The crappy bock was my first attempt at home brewing and it came out a little weak and watery for my tastes, but my mother-in-law loves it. Most people went for the hefeweizen.

And if you have a keg system... no more explaining the pouring.

This year folks brought wine, as they have learned I supply the beer. Then they all drank beer and left the wine. Win-win for me!

Means 2 things. You friends have good tast in beer and you make decent brew. My friends have stopped bringing anything at all now that I make wine too. Now they just bring empties and orders for the sweet girly wines and the rich stouts.

Latest posts

Back