2 weeks in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmm beer

Reaction score
Is two weeks in primary to long? I am going on vacation tomorrow and dont have a spare secondary carboy.Today is day 8 in primary. I wont be able to transfer it until next Sunday. I can rack it off the trub and put it in another plastic 6.5 gal pail but will that be to much airspace.

Just leave it in the primary. You can go as long as a month without suffering ill effects. If you're really that worried about it, the second 6.5 gallon fermenter will work just fine. Some people get excited about that dead space at the top of the fermenter...to me, it's no big deal.

gracias guys. I am way to tired to siphon beer off. All I want to do is go to bed and dream of geting that big buck. Im off deer hunting and cant wait. See you all in a week I will be back online next Sunday with more stupid questions and hopefully a little venison in the freezer.:ban:

Good luck with the Hunt

and remember RDWHAHB your beer will be fine. Before I had all my equiptment I left all my brews in Primary for 2 weeks.

Back