Kegging homebrew in a commercial keg???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mthomp7

Reaction score
I am wondering if i can siphon homebrew into a commercial sanke keg. I received a new 6 gallon sanke from a bar owner friend and want to fill it with homebrew for a party and dont want to lug my corney set up over. What do i need to know about properly refilling the keg? I have already taken the dip tube out and have cleaned it with PBW.

Really that's all there is to it. I like to take the spear apart also, as it only takes 2 minutes. Once the keg and spear have been washed, rinsed and sanitized, fill it with beer, and put it back together. put it on the gas for the regular amount of time you like to, and you're in business.

Yup..two of my kegs in inventory are sankeys. I do it all the time. You hit the nail on the head Just clean, fill it up, carb it up, and drink. The only think I don't like about my sankeys is the #8%@!!!! ring, I always seem to skin my knuckle trying to get it back on...taking it off is the easy part. IMHO Sankey kegs are easier to clean, too!

Back