Would this kegerator support a corny keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it fits a half barrel keg (looks to be right), you can generally fit at least 2 cornies in it, but one for sure.

Commercial half barrel is 23 3/8" high, and 16 1/8" wide (unless it's a potbelly/round-sided version)
Ball-Lock cornies are 25" high and 8.5" across, whereas Pin-Locks (unless either has been converted from original configuration) are generally 23" tall, and 9" across.
So, if you use the squatter pin-lock, you're nearly certain to fit barring some obscene internals on the kegerator.

Considering how tall regular sanke couplers are, there is probably a lot of room to spare unless they used a low-profile... very uncommon.

You'll need a converter kit. Generally they have a set of quick disconnects, plus the connectors for your cornie. You could just get some connectors and cut the Sankey fitting off, but the kits let you switch back for commercial kegs.

I don't know if that has beer line hooked up to it or not, but if it does, I would replace all of the line. It's cheap and will save you from problems down the road. That kegerator will fit 2 ball lock or pin lock kegs plus a 5# co2 tank. I have seen that model before in restaurants years ago, it's a Perlick which is a great brand.

I would offer hem $200 since you'll need to replace the beer lines. $50 will be more than enough for new lines and fittings.

Back