Cold and windy....good day to brew!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Up here in the north east it's in the teen's and windy, so brew day it is!!!
Puttin together a Hefe.....
Anyone else firing up the kettles?:rockin:

I planned on brewing today, but I'm really not feeling it. Cold as balls out with a wind that aint helping. I think I'm going to put it off for a few days.

I like to be comfortable when I brew :)

I have a big gas stove with an extra large burner, and I do BIAB, so I'm just helping to keep the house warm( good excuse for the SWMBO!):D

Yeah I was gonna brew this weekend. I told SWMBO that I'm brewin this weekend so it will probably snow (Its been in the 50s most of this winter). She laughed at me. But I'll be damned...it snowed. And it's colder than the balls on a well digger. So I guess I'll work on some much needed brew projects and "honey dews".

I have a big gas stove with an extra large burner, and I do BIAB, so I'm just helping to keep the house warm( good excuse for the SWMBO!):D

Saw you post and the light went on in my head! I do have the mother of all 6 burner gas cooktop. BUT, the F'n Microwave hood is exactly the same height off the cook top as my 10gal kettle. (not even gonna try the 20gal Blichmanns). Damnit I wish my ebrewery was done. Oh well I'll for go brewing today to work on that I guess.

It's 26* here in North Georgia, but an IIPA recipe is calling my name and I have to answer. Going to start my mash within the hour!

25 degrees here. Just fired up the burner. Using the igloo so the mash can happen inside. Fairly simple Saison De Noel recipe, so it should go well. I haven't brewed in almost a month, and it's been driving me crazy.

I have to admit the cold made me decide against firing up my kettle today for my first AG. I'll push it off to next weekend.

Brewed yesterday, but today would have been more suited. New electric system in the basement. Just waiting for a day with a lot of snow and cold as hell to call off work and brew! White- where in Fleetwood are you?
Tom

Nice! I'm on 662, right off 222. If I read right your doing extract? Just started a grain buy today if I read wrong. Hop buy will be in a couple weeks if interested. And here I thought I knew all the Fleetwood brewers!
Tom

I do AG.............. BIAB for small bills, and cooler MLT for larger ones. I usually go to Weak Knee HBS for my grains and hops. Just went yesterday for my hefe grains, and of course a stop at Union Jacks for a Two Hearted(or 2). and some wings:drunk:

I normally hit Weak Knee or Keystone out in Bethlehem. Been going to Weak Knee more lately. I like their half price expired yeasts. i also have a buddy near there and we normally meet there for trading items and such. Haven't been to Union Jacks in awhile. You ever get down to Liberty Taproom in Exeter?

Brewed up a Pale Ale today. Temp was 9* with a -4 windchill when I started. Warmed up to about 30* though. Turned out to be a pretty good day to brew!

Hey 2Beer....I see your from Mt. Airy. My Mom grew up on a Tobacco farm in My Airy. (McBride) Used to visit the Grand Parents on the farm every summer. Still have an uncle that lives on the same farm. Love that area.:mug:

I normally hit Weak Knee or Keystone out in Bethlehem. Been going to Weak Knee more lately. I like their half price expired yeasts. i also have a buddy near there and we normally meet there for trading items and such. Haven't been to Union Jacks in awhile. You ever get down to Liberty Taproom in Exeter?

Haven't been to the taproom in a long time. I want to go to Keystone some time, but Weak Knee is a lot closer, and they have everything I've needed so far. Funny you mention the 1/2 price yeast...picked up some WPL380 yesterday.....3.49...cheaper than Notty!!!

Might have been cool today, but I hit all of my numbers, so gotta love that. My IIPA is just sitting in the primary getting ready to produce some sweet nectar! Love this thing we call Home Brewing!!!

Back