You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you come into work on a monday morning and you get asked... "what'd ya brew up this weekend...? When'll it be ready..? What's bottled now...? When'll they be ready..?"

BrewChem said:
When you come into work on a monday morning and you get asked... "what'd ya brew up this weekend...? When'll it be ready..? What's bottled now...? When'll they be ready..?"

+1 every Monday I get this.

When you look at that big stack of boxed empties,& can't wait for tax return day!
When you just can't stop yourself from recycling German bottles.
When the bottles you're given are gone through for possible collection additions.
When the kind of bottles you don't wanna save are rinsed,dried,& boxed for needy brewers.
When you stop saving 1/2G plastic vodka jugs for blow offs,because you feel 20 or so is plenty.

When you go to home depot 10 minutes before close to replace heating elements 12 hours before your next brew!

ralex999 said:
When you are teaching the cops how to brew after they came over from a complaint from a neighbor that you were running a meth lab.

Love it! I kinda like that my neighbors are creeped out by all the copper coils and plumbing and steam rolling outta the garage every weekend! But im talking about my meth lab not my brew rig.....

When you have favorite styles of bottles.

When you arrange your favorite bottles so they get first do you can refill them with more.

You save the unmarked bottles specifically for the state fair competition and bottle a six pack "just in case".

You call your wife from work to ask if you accidentally left the picnic tap connected while force carbonating.

When it's ok to drink beer before work because you need to see how the keg is carbonating.

(Just because I'm drinking a little beer at 6:45am doesn't make me an alcoholic!)

when you can read 38 pages of posts and admit you have done most everything you've read, and laughed about them.

When it's ok to drink beer before work because you need to see how the keg is carbonating.

(Just because I'm drinking a little beer at 6:45am doesn't make me an alcoholic!)

My theory is if coffee is considered an adult beverage and beer is also, why is it socially acceptable to drink one in the morning but not the other?

when you're drinkin beer,& remember this Sunday after church waitin for dinner music. I'm German & slovak with an apache grandpa. But this is part of my childhood,the late,great Franky Yankovic. Uncle to wierd al;

Last edited by a moderator:
All your coworkers know you think about beer more than work. And don't care because you feed them samples once in a while.

When you find some reason to always visit your LHBS every week.

This. I was telling my coworker this week that the brew shop was Disneyland for me. The fridges full of fresh hops and yeast, ogling the ss conical fermenters that I will never buy, and smell of the grain as I am milling it. Doesn't matter how crappy my time at work was, if I am crushing grain at 5:30 I can safely put it in the good day category.

When your wife clears the camera to make space for family pictures and finds 90% of the pictures were of your homebrew, brew space, equipment and your brew sessions with friends.

When your wife clears the camera to make space for family pictures and finds 90% of the pictures were of your homebrew, brew space, equipment and your brew sessions with friends.

hahaha, thats like my cell phone 95% homebrew pictures and 5% random family ones.

My other hobby is djing. I dj at a local bar. Ontop of the pay I get to drink for free. You know you're a homebrewer when you bring your own brews to drink instead of taking the free beer.

unionrdr said:
Now that's harcore home brewer addiction!

Agreed.. I'm not by any means a beer snob, its a small bar with little variety, I can only drink the same beer for so long!

... When you take your toddler to the children's museum and when he is playing in the "Water" exhibit, you're wondering if you can use some of these ideas for recirculating and whirlpooling.

image-3034091002.jpg

image-4240639663.jpg

And then post about it on this thread.

When you start handing you're better half beer recipes to see if if the brewing process might peak their interest in you're ever-growing hobby.... and find you were both thinking the same recipe.... :cross:

when your on HomeBrewTalk for hours on end : D and always find something new.

Cheers :mug:

when you go downstairs to fold laundry and end up inspecting carboys and sniffing airlocks

when after a brew session, your back porch looks like there was a mr bubbles massacre (from the overuse of starsan :mug: )

When you come to the realization that the more you brew, the less you know... Years ago, when I started brewing, I thought every wacko idea was something brilliant and new. Now I realize that it's probably not new and there are SO many brewers out there that I am not even WORTHY to hold their mash paddles....

Latest posts

Back